The Great Duvet Debate

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Was it just me or was it FREEZING this morning??? I think its time to invest in a new duvet, and pack away the light summer one. So, which one? Duck, goose, down, feather, anti-allergy, all-season, hollowfibre, microfibre, springback, 10.5 tog, 13.5 tog, 3 in 1, energy saver, Dreamland, Silentnight, Fogarty, Grosvenor, Snuggledown.......its a minefield out there!!!! :eek :eek HELP!!!!! :o0 :o0
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
;o)
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
I swear by the goose feather and down summer/ winter quilts from Arnotts (think there Karla Bree) There are two quilts in the box one 4.5 tog and one 9 tog that fix togther so in the summer you can hav 4.5, early winter 9 and when it gets properly cold the full 13.5. They're the best quilt ever and I have loads of friends converted to them!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="MinnietheMinx":14o1l2h5]I swear by the goose feather and down summer/ winter quilts from Arnotts (think there Karla Bree) There are two quilts in the box one 4.5 tog and one 9 tog that fix togther so in the summer you can hav 4.5, early winter 9 and when it gets properly cold the full 13.5. They're the best quilt ever and I have loads of friends converted to them![/quote:14o1l2h5] Heard about these, kinda of like a 3 in 1 product. I don't like goose feather though - anyone know of this product in your normal run of the mill duvets??
Genegirl Posts: 2110
[quote="MinnietheMinx":etpx1i5q]I swear by the goose feather and down summer/ winter quilts from Arnotts (think there Karla Bree) There are two quilts in the box one 4.5 tog and one 9 tog that fix togther so in the summer you can hav 4.5, early winter 9 and when it gets properly cold the full 13.5. They're the best quilt ever and I have loads of friends converted to them![/quote:etpx1i5q] Thats the one i have - they are fab! I have the winter one on now!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="LastRolo":2sdag6oc][quote="MinnietheMinx":2sdag6oc]I swear by the goose feather and down summer/ winter quilts from Arnotts (think there Karla Bree) There are two quilts in the box one 4.5 tog and one 9 tog that fix togther so in the summer you can hav 4.5, early winter 9 and when it gets properly cold the full 13.5. They're the best quilt ever and I have loads of friends converted to them![/quote:2sdag6oc] Heard about these, kinda of like a 3 in 1 product. I don't like goose feather though - anyone know of this product in your normal run of the mill duvets??[/quote:2sdag6oc] Hey LastRolo, I think Ikea do a version of this with synthetic filling - here's the link from their site: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30129228 To the OP, I'd also recommend Ikea, they put all their duvets out on display and you can have a poke at them to see which one suits you. They have a big range of thickness / tog weight. I like the heaviest duvet in the world, but if you get too warm at night this is probably not a good idea. What I'd definitely go for is a much wider duvet than your bed - like, if you have a 160 cm bed, go all out and get the 240 cm duvet. Loads of duvet for everyone, no middle of the night tugs-of-war :o0 Edited to add - I prefer synthetic duvets myself, we used to have down pillows and duvets at home, and I find they can get quite lumpy - you have to shake them like a madwoman to get them even and smooth.