Menu

The Hangover 2

Books, Movies, DVD's...etc

Go to WOL Entertainment

StupidSexyFlanders
Best Username 2011

The Hangover 2

Postby StupidSexyFlanders » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Bloody hell, this was awful. I think I snuffed out literally two laughs during the whole thing. Apart from being a shameless rehash of the first film in a different setting there were a couple of things that really didn't sit well with me when watching it:

- When they are in the strip club and they say they are looking for a young boy and the guy says he doesn't offer those services, but then says "Ok, ok, how young do you want?". Child exploitation jokes - not funny
- The whole "ladyboy" scenario. Yes, the film is set in Thailand so someone has to be fooled into sleeping with a ladyboy - groundbreaking
- The photos at the end - pretty much "look how much fun it is to take drugs"
- The monkey. That poor animal, I absolutely despise seeing animals used in this manner for entertainment

God it was just woeful.

EatLoveSleep
Mini Wolly

Re: The Hangover 2

Postby EatLoveSleep » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:42 pm

StupidSexyFlanders wrote:Bloody hell, this was awful. I think I snuffed out literally two laughs during the whole thing. Apart from being a shameless rehash of the first film in a different setting there were a couple of things that really didn't sit well with me when watching it:

- When they are in the strip club and they say they are looking for a young boy and the guy says he doesn't offer those services, but then says "Ok, ok, how young do you want?". Child exploitation jokes - not funny
- The whole "ladyboy" scenario. Yes, the film is set in Thailand so someone has to be fooled into sleeping with a ladyboy - groundbreaking
- The photos at the end - pretty much "look how much fun it is to take drugs"
- The monkey. That poor animal, I absolutely despise seeing animals used in this manner for entertainment

God it was just woeful.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not alone anymore. It was/is one of the worst films ever made.

GreenerPastures
Ultimate Wolly

Postby GreenerPastures » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:31 am

The film was 'meh'... Cheap laughs and shock humour. We didn't pay to see it, we won tickets to the preview thankfully.

paperclips
Empress Wolly

Postby paperclips » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Have to agree - sorry we went to see it. It was such a let down from the first Hangover. So Predictable. Wish we hadnt wasted our time on that movie and saw something else.

Defo going to see Bridemaids tho :o)ll
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

StupidSexyFlanders
Best Username 2011

Postby StupidSexyFlanders » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 pm

mochara wrote:Have to agree - sorry we went to see it. It was such a let down from the first Hangover. So Predictable. Wish we hadnt wasted our time on that movie and saw something else.

Defo going to see Bridemaids tho :o)ll

Yeah, that's getting great reviews! We're going to see it tomorrow.

hadtoleave
Woloholic

Postby hadtoleave » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:24 pm

just watching it now on dvd and it is BRUTAL!! myself and OH having date night with chinese and dvd and such a load of crap! hence the WOling!!

Service Finder
skitchums
Royal Wolly

Postby skitchums » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Have to agree although I hadn't given it much if any thought since seeing it last week, it was just "meh" for me. I found myself sort of groaning towards the end and throwing the eyes up to heaven!
Now if they made a movie out of the photos at the end, THAT would be a film and a half!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

TrinneanArcher
New Wolly

Postby TrinneanArcher » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am

One hell of a movie. Its classic. Wolf-pack ready to rumble.

beyond4cs
New Wolly

Postby beyond4cs » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:03 am

First movie's great. The sequel usually kills it.
geek.

emilyyy111
New Wolly

Postby emilyyy111 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 pm

one of the worst films ever made.EVEEER

Go to WOL Entertainment