The Letter "R" (brain fart thread, see Kaz's disclaimer!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Morning all, just listening to the news on RTE, and have had a thought. Some people on the news pronnounce it "Arrr Tee Eee" and others pronounce it "Orrr Tee Eee". I would say "Orr" - what would YOU say?
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
:yelrotflmaosmilie: I SAY THE SAME AS U. i thought only pirates used ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :o0 :o0
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Orrrr... How very L4 of me :-8 :o0 Dead posh me!
Jawl Posts: 8881
I'm an ORR girl! I woudln't go by RTE, some of the newsreaders there are hilarious :o0
Rogue User Posts: 6101
Arr is the correct way to pronounce not Orr. I used to say orr but changed to arr.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
[quote="MrsDodders":esiuzjqb]Orrrr... How very L4 of me :-8 :o0 Dead posh me![/quote:esiuzjqb] L4.?? :o0 :o0 im northside L and i say ORRRR :o0 :o0 :o0
ott Posts: 3920
I always say "Orr". Then, whenever I have to spell my name in the States, they haven't a clue what I'm saying and I panic because I can't remember how to say it the other way.
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Totally Orrrrrr............. :o0
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="BrideOfRecession":k5g1it9f]Arr is the correct way to pronounce not Orr. I used to say orr but changed to arr.[/quote:k5g1it9f] Is ARRR the correct way?? Really? How to you know? Or is this one of those things like pronouncing "H" as "aitch" or "hhhaitch"?
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="cabbagehead":j7mc6l7l][quote="BrideOfRecession":j7mc6l7l]Arr is the correct way to pronounce not Orr. I used to say orr but changed to arr.[/quote:j7mc6l7l] Is ARRR the correct way?? Really? How to you know? Or is this one of those things like pronouncing "H" as "aitch" or "hhhaitch"?[/quote:j7mc6l7l] So when you're saying the alphabet do you say Q,ARR, S, T, U, V?? :o0 :o0 I orr but not in a D4 way