Menu

The Merrion hotel Dublin??

Go to Feedback

flanders
New Wolly

Postby flanders » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Wow that sounds like the most perfect wedding ever ash. Was it expesnive?

Summer 07 Bride
New Wolly

Sounds fantastic

Postby Summer 07 Bride » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi there Ashchurch Princess. Was thinking about you and wondering how you got on. We have only two weeks to go to our wedding at the Merrion on Monday the 9th and your post has come at exactly at the right time. It sounds like you've had a fantastic time. Really lovely to hear from you. I didn't know it was silver service either - looking forward to that !! We've booked in for two nights also. The night of the wedding and the night after. About half of our 40 guests are going to stay at the hotel so really looking forward to that.

Was wondering how your music went and if you used the Fitzgerald Room for the music. We're going to have a jazz trio and it was suggested that if we wanted to dance that they could go in the entrance hallway - think we might lose some of the atmosphere if we do that tho ?? What time did your wedding go on until. Think our music is also from 9.00 til 11.30 and was thinking of going into residents bar after that with those who are staying.

Thanks for the tip re: the chairs. I had asked for it to have a more lounge-y feel with some chairs so hopefully that will happen.

I'm so happy it all went well for you. I think I mentioned to you that we only decided in April to get married this July. We're together 17 years and have 2 young children, but never had the time to get married. Both of us have summer off this year so decided to go for it. ......... so it sounds like we've picked the right place for this special day. Can't wait.

Summer 07 Bride
New Wolly

PS Table Arrangements

Postby Summer 07 Bride » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi there. Forgot to ask you if you wouldn't mind sending me some photos of your cake and table arrangements. Did you also use their florist Thomas for you arrangements ??

Thank you

coraline
Princess Wolly

Postby coraline » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi all,
ashchurchprincess I was so delighted to read your report, I am having my reception in the Merrion next March. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'd love to see photos of the room, tables etc :)

Good tip too about having chairs in the drinks reception room. My one tiny worry is the the rooms will be a bit overfull of people - we will have 50 guests and I cant really picture 50 people all in the drinks reception room - did you find this or was there plenty of space? Probably just me being over worried...

Can I ask too what music you had and where you had dancing?
Did you use ipod playlist and did it go ok?

Sorry about all the questions!!!!!

It was my mum's birthday last weekend so took her to Merrion for lunch, had fabulous meal and they gave us complimentary champagne when they saw the birthday cards etc on the table
She was so impressed and I thought it was really generous of them and a good sign of the level of service they give.
PEACHY

Mama to two beautiful boys, September 2009 and July 2011.

You bring us so much joy.

ashchurchprincess
New Wolly

Postby ashchurchprincess » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:18 am

Hi Summerbride and Coraline,
I've just pm'd you my photos.
Summerbride, I used Sarah Rubalcava as florist - she did a really amazing job.
Coraline, I wouldn't worry about space - we had about 35 guests, and there would have been plenty of room for more. The room where we had the drinks reception (think it's the fitzgerald room, if not it's the one beside it) was a perfect size and really good for an intimate atmosphere - you might get some idea from the photos I sent. We didn't have dancing at all -these rooms all carpeted, and would not have worked with our piano set-up. I believe they suggested to you Summerbride that you can dance in the hallway - unless you get your band to set up in the hallway or very close by I'm not sure if this will work.

Our iPod worked out great - we only discovered the day before though that it can't be used if the drinks reception is going to be outside. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best for us on the day, so we had it inside. The sound etc. was perfect, and our guests seemed to enjoy the fact we had created our own playlist. After the meal we moved into the room next door - we hired a pianist to play from 9-11.30, and we had a bit of a sing-a-long. I can give you the pianist's details if you like.

Let me know if ye have any more questions!
Best of luck :wv

taytos
New Wolly

Postby taytos » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:21 pm

Got the brouchure and wow, wow, wow. I think H2Bs eyes nearly fell out of his head at the prices but oh doesnt it just look divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Finder
Katie B
New Wolly

Re: The Merrion hotel Dublin??

Postby Katie B » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi Merrion brides, been looking on line as we are planning on having our wedding here and can't find much aside from this thread. If anyone doesn't mind letting me know how your wedding went? My concern is the music as I definitely want guests dancing, did this work for you? We've been told we can go to the cellar bar at 11.30 did anyone do this? Sorry for all the questions!! Really appreciate any feedback xx

Fionam12
New Wolly

Re: The Merrion hotel Dublin??

Postby Fionam12 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 am

Wow looks amazing and very different you wouldn't hear of many weddings there

Previous

Go to Feedback