The most annoying questions in the world...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Joleigh Posts: 4242
Now that I'm almost a week overdue I've discovered a couple of the most annoying questions EVER! Any movement?? The amount of times I've gotten this text. I know people mean well but I feel like saying, well I went to the loo twice and made a cup of tea, but still no baby yet! Any sign of that baby?? People keep ringing asking, any sign of that baby yet? Well apart from the giant bump attached to my front and the fact that I can only sit like a man with my legs apart....no theres no other "sign" of the baby. Do people really think you wont tell them when the baby arrives? I know they're only concerned and want to checkk that you're ok but I'm getting so sick of the questions! I feel like hibernating and shutting the world out until this baby arrives! If it ever decides to arrive. Sorry for the rant....I need this baby OUT! :o(
Isy Posts: 89
Hi Joleigh. I agree with u, anytime I ring someone now, its are u in labour, etc...I wish!! I can't imagine going over, I'm uncomfortable enough as it is and I'm due today!! Hope your gone soon and don't have to wait too much longer....best of luck...
funkyfish Posts: 7626
no i think this is worse!! O-O WAS IT PLANNED? O-O O-O O-O
jmeath Posts: 5740
My dads gf went 11 days over and said the texts and calls were a pain in the bum.as if your not goin to tell people when baby comes. My neighbour hasnt told any1 her due date,just end feb so shes hoping to miss these texts/calls. Hope it all starts 4 u soon
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
tell me about it! i'm 9 days over and i swear to god i feel like killing people! i even got one asking straight out had i had the baby yet! "oh yeah last week, did i not mention it?!!!" my husband doesn't understand why it gets me so annoyed. it's like a constant reminder that you're not in labour and it's soooooo frustrating. also anytime i didn't text back or answer the phone immediately everyone was like "i thought you must be in labour!!" eh, no i was making dinner. have stopped answering the phone at this stage and only text back hours later on purpose. feel like i'm a watched pot that will never boil!!!
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
I'm with you funkyfish.. I couldn't believe it when people asked me was it planned! I mean, you shouldn't ask [b:3s16003o]anyone [/b:3s16003o] that anyway, but was it really that shocking that a 31 year old who was married two years might actually start a family that they felt they needed to know? Weirdest question ever.. My other hated question is 'are you excited?'. I hate this question. For the majority of my pregnancy, the real answer was 'no, actually I'm sh*t scared!' because even though - and I'll let you all in on a secret here - my pregnancy was, in fact, planned the whole thing has still seemed very scary to me. I'm dying to meet my baby but even now terrified about being a parent. The best one ever was last week in Lush. Now I'm sorry if anyone here works there but God, they're irritating with the chirpy hard sell! This little one comes up to me with my MASSIVE bump and says 'Are you having a baby?'. I really wanted to say, "no, actually, it's a dog".
Emme Posts: 4735
[quote="mrsbean":26tr2n9j]My other hated question is 'are you excited?'. I hate this question. For the majority of my pregnancy, the real answer was 'no, actually I'm sh*t scared!' because even though - and I'll let you all in on a secret here - my pregnancy was, in fact, planned the whole thing has still seemed very scary to me. I'm dying to meet my baby but even now terrified about being a parent. [/quote:26tr2n9j] Ditto!!! And because you're scared the statement that follows 'ah you won't find it now' really used to send me into a blind panic some days also our house wasn't ready to move into so double the panic and double the questions of 'will you be in the house before the baby' 'it'll be awkward if you're not in the house before the baby' No sh1t sherlock! Will it really be awkward with a newborn, first time parents living between two houses in two different parts of the country, trying to rent one out and trying to find a plumber for the other - REALLY??? But to get back to the original question of any movement tell them you had a poo - I doubt they will ask again. >:o)
one of each Posts: 1277
The worst one for me was "[b:3ug4nfpx]are you happy[/b:3ug4nfpx]" i mean we are married two years and its the most exciting thing that could happen to us!
Piggle Posts: 1770
Was it planned ............. How rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) My sis in law is due today, i was just about to text to see if she was feeling ok, but after reading this i think I'll leave it :) :) :)
Daff Posts: 11644
My Boss asked me was it planned when I told him I was pregnant :ooh it's like asking me did I forget to use protection! Also the same boss asked me last week was I going to get much bigger! Eh no, I'm going to stay the same size for the next three months (and it's not like I'm huge, it's all mainly bump and the right size for what it should be) He's a nice guy, just don't think he knows what to say to me.