The nausea is back! 3rd Trim.! No one ever mentioned this!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
So I am nearly 32 weeks.. and since the weekend, the nausea has made a definite resurgence. I know that it's not viral/sickness because it feels just like m/s and I know I could make myself sick.. and it's mixed with heartburn, which I have never in my life had before really and now I just feel like a big pile of poo. No swelling/headache etc.. just reguar old nausea, back again.. I really, really don't want to have to go back to lying in a heap on the sofa. I was sick up until 20 weeks so have only had a 12 week 'honeymoon' period of pregnancy! I enjoyed the middle bit a lot but while I'd accustomed myself to the thoughts of two months getting bigger and more uncomfortable and tired, adding sickness in just seems TOO MUCH. Anyone been there, done that have any tips? Thanks in advance! Abn
i want one Posts: 2893
hi mrs bean, i just had this conversation with my DH this morning, for the last 2 weeks ive only been sick about twice a week, having been sick every day from about week 7. and then the last 2 mornings i was sick and sat night again so i dont know if my ms is on the up again too. I read in a pregnancy journal (bought in mothercare) for a dreaded few the ms returns at around 35 weeks so i think mine may have only left for 2 weeks and come back. :o0 But it is true that it can come back for some women! sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!! hope you feel better soon. :wv
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Oh Mrs Bean - poor you.. I didn't realise it could come back... praying mine doesn't - your right it's jsut too much with everything else!! Maybe try treating the heartburn to see if it helps? Also eat small portions - I find if I eat to much (i.e. my previous normal portion) I feel really bad for hours after :-8
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Funny you should mention this because only this morning I felt really nauseous. Took me back to when i was constantly nauseous from week 6-10. Yuk. The joys. :o(
bellatoscana Posts: 390
Mrs Bean I feel your pain I had hypermesis and only stopping being ill around 20 weeks, nausea stopped for a few weeks and now back again :o( My midwife told me at my last appointment that you get a new surge of hormones in your last trimester which can trigger nausea again. On the plus side I keep getting told it is a very good sign. Not long to go now until the little bundles causing all this trouble are out and bringing us bundles of joy.
happymumof2 Posts: 288
Oh Mrs Bean Im glad you brought this up im 28 weeks and my MS only left me about 4 weeks ago but since last Friday its back worse than ever :o( Especially early in the morning when brushing my teeth it just comes from nowhere and in the evenings its awful nausea. Funny thing is it actually puts my mind at rest if im sick I know things are alright.
Silini2 Posts: 3834
Bumping this up, in the last 5 days or so my nausea has come back! I'm cracking up! Now its not as bad as morning sickness as it starts at about 9pm and continues during the night and in the mornings till around 11, but its rotten. Anyone else have this?? I'm guessing its just cause there is no room in there! I'm almost 39w.
snuggler Posts: 1296
Oh I feel your pain, nothing worse..i had hyperemesis until 23 weeks, stopped wk at 4 weeks preg, never got back for whole preg, it eased at 24 weeks and came back(not as bad, but came back) at 30 weeks til 36 weeks, went completely then, only sick now when brush teeth..i was on medication for it..sorry cant help re stuff to take, nothing worked for me ..maybe try accupuncture? found v hard when bigger too, hope you ok x
soulful Posts: 1697
Yes I had the nausea and vomiting from hell for the first trimester, the second trimester was great and now Im in my third I have been feeling much more sick and have vomited a few times. horrible! :hic [url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/:1yxcc21x][img:1yxcc21x]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev203pr___.png[/img:1yxcc21x][/url:1yxcc21x]