The panic has started..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jen09 Posts: 1390
..sweet jesus. We have been discussing getting married for approx 18mths. We got engaged in July & booked our wedding in Sept. I kept saying "ah I'll get really started in in Jan". I sent out our info packs after Christmas & have been getting only a few questions sent back because I was very detailed wtih information. However, now I look at what still has to be done & I can feel my heart pounding & my throat is closing up (this happens when I get stressed). What doesn't help is that I'm out of work at the moment & paying for this wedding is getting more & more stressful. H2b is so laid back he could be asleep through the planning, I've given him jobs to do but I'm such a control freak I'll end up doing it myself anyway. I'm not getting married till end of Sept & yet I'm worrying about mass booklets & how to get them printed & I've not even looked at dresses yet, as I want to lose a few lbs before I try them on & I've got 2 emails from Wedding Planner with questions & I don't even know where to start when answering them....oh lord.
shoegals Posts: 1640
You'll be grand and everything will just come together. You should try to delegate some people to do your mass booklets and all the messy jobs as soon as possible and once you see things start to progress you'll feel a lot better. Just take one evening out and sit down with the questions for the wedding planner, it might help you de stress once that's done. :wv
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Try not to stress yourself out olanning should be enjoyable You have over 8 months, you have plenty of time and enlisting the help of the wedding planner is a great way to start as they can give you all the help you need. As for q's, I always come on here if i'm unsure of anything and i've found it really useful Best of luck with the planning x
Sweets08 Posts: 958
Ok firstly...deep breaths!! I'm September too and still have loads to do, got engaged in July aswel, booked the venue about 6 weeks later and I'm that laid back I only sorted the priest a few days ago (much to my FMIL's horror!) Don't think you need to worry about mass booklet etc just yet and if you want i will email you a template i have from doing my brothers last year! What have you booked so far?
jen09 Posts: 1390
Thanks for the replies & I know I have yonks of time but I suppose the realisation of what is happening kinda hit me full force today - we'd friends over & it was all wedding talk... We're getting married in Spain so that makes me a little more tense. I'm going over beg May so I need to have a good few things done & "clearer" ideas on cake & menu (WP words). Sweets08 - thank you for the offer of a booklet template. My WP actually gave me one as our Priest has set out the order of service and I'm ok with what to put into it; but I don't know where I can get it printed as from what I read most do it themselves & we've no way to do that from home & h2b job would KILL him if he did it. And if I'm really honest, I'm all over the place about the fact that I'm getting married in less than 9mths & my parents won't be there & I won't have my dad walk me down the aisle. We fell out almost 2yrs ago & I'm still so angry with them for their actions & the decisions they made but all the same I keep wishing they'll be the bigger person & contact me; I know they won't though, I'd a baby 18mths ago & if that didn't make them lift the phone I doubt me getting married will. sorry for waffling on. I just can't talk to anyone else about it
shoegals Posts: 1640
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents not being there, that has to be very emotional for you but hey it's there loss, they've missed spending time with your baby and now at your wedding. Don't upset yourself anymore about them, you will have people there on the day that love you and want to be there, it'll be fantastic..
Sweets08 Posts: 958
[quote="jen09":2zc7jrpr]Thanks for the replies & I know I have yonks of time but I suppose the realisation of what is happening kinda hit me full force today - we'd friends over & it was all wedding talk... We're getting married in Spain so that makes me a little more tense. I'm going over beg May so I need to have a good few things done & "clearer" ideas on cake & menu (WP words). Sweets08 - thank you for the offer of a booklet template. My WP actually gave me one as our Priest has set out the order of service and I'm ok with what to put into it; but I don't know where I can get it printed as from what I read most do it themselves & we've no way to do that from home & h2b job would KILL him if he did it. And if I'm really honest, I'm all over the place about the fact that I'm getting married in less than 9mths & my parents won't be there & I won't have my dad walk me down the aisle. We fell out almost 2yrs ago & I'm still so angry with them for their actions & the decisions they made but all the same I keep wishing they'll be the bigger person & contact me; I know they won't though, I'd a baby 18mths ago & if that didn't make them lift the phone I doubt me getting married will. sorry for waffling on. I just can't talk to anyone else about it[/quote:2zc7jrpr] God sorry to hear that about your folks jen, sounds like everything just got on top of you a bit today. Honestly you will get all the planning sorted as for the mass booklets, i'm going to edit the template i have and then email it to our local printers just to make things easier on myself and with your dress you should keep browsing the net or this site and decide what designers you like then track down what bridal shops stock them i found by doing that it made the search much easier and cut out going to loads of shops.HTH *)