THE PHOTOS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Is anyone else out there dreading all the photos? I HATE having my picture taken at the best of times so know I am really going to be dreading all the photo taking at the wedding. May seem silly but I have always been like this and wouldnt even let my mam hire a photographer for my debs. When I have a drink on a night out I dont mind and even think that I can be quite photogenic but its the whole photographer and everyone looking at me thing.... I just get really nervous
tilsun Posts: 4506
Wasn't overly stressed about it but I did take care to find a photographer we got on really well with (met 5) and who would be quick. Our photos are more natural with only a dozen or so posed ones. Also I hated the idea of having photos taken in front of others (loads of cameras flashing, guests watching me posing :-8 ) so I ruled that out too. Try not to worry about it and find a really nice photographer.
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
im the exact same i hate getting my pic taken and i rarely look nice in a photo :o(
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I really dreaded it too, and told the photographer this on the last meeting. He didn't seem that bothered. But I had half practised getting a half decent smile so that I wouldn't look like I'm frowning in the pictures. I haven't seen my actual photos yet, but of those family ones I've seen I think most of them are pretty OK. And I was surprised at the ease of getting pictures taken on the day, for me anyway I just felt more confident, and with hair and make up done you'll feel fab! I look at all the pics of my MIL and she is scowling at someone for pointing a camera at her, or else hiding behind someone or some thing. I don't want my life's worth of pictures to be like that, so now I just try smile and let the picture be taken. Its awful to think you miss out on so many years of pictures of yourself / your life because you didn't feel right about a little pose! Sorry for the rant, but just try and keep it in mind, and you'll be different on your day too (hope so anyway).
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I hate getting my picture taken too, mainly because I hate my teeth. I usually end up doing this ridiculous closed-mouth smile, its awful. BUT...have an appointment with an orthodontist this Thursday so I'm hoping to be sorted by the time the big day rolls around.
fifibelle Posts: 4447
[quote="*Lexi*":nettm0ai]im the exact same i hate getting my pic taken and i rarely look nice in a photo :o([/quote:nettm0ai] Eh hello, you look nice in all of your pics on Facebook so dont know what you are talking about!!!!! :eek
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
i agree with fifibelle, lexi looks great in all of her photos! was thinking about the photos yesterday actually and about how i have a great awkward smile....lol.... and if the photographer takes longer than a second to take the photo i lose my pose too! does anyone know if photographers use photoshop?! ah i have a different wedding worry every day.... tomorrow i'll be worrying about something else.... the favours or some rubbish!
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Have to agree with fifi lexi you look Stunning in all your facebook photos :o)ll :o)ll .....I dont think the problem is the way you all look in the photos its the way you see yourselfs ....if you get my meaning !!! Try and not think about the photos girls and youll look naturaly Stunning :lvs
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
whist up there now ye are disgracing me :-8