the psalm during mass

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

trice0208 Posts: 600
i know i should prob know but where in mass does psalm come? priest has suggested it could be sung but we're having a harpist, i'm assuming it cant just be an instrumental piece. Think it's ok just to ask him to say it?
Sinalei Posts: 406
Hi Trice, assuming the psalm is the responsorial psalm?? Then it will be between the two readings before the gospel! It is traditional to have the first reader to say it if you aren't having anyone sing... I am having a flutest (Sp?) but my sister is singing the psalm, if you have anyone with a good singing voice there are some beautiful psalms out there... When are you flying home?? Not long to go now :o)ll
ah thats what he means d'oh!!!!!!! i was thinking there was a psalm somewhere else - god i'm total dunce! will be home in ireland this day month which is so freaky, stress of things is beginning to get to me have to say. my mam just emailed me to say she got our inviations and that it made her feel old! no comment about actual invitation (had kept whole thing a surprise) have to wait now to ring her later to get full reaction, sometimes its a real pain living in totally different timezone How are getting on, any more plans made?
Not too bad! I will be landing home this day 3 months :o)ll Spent hours (and I mean hours!) doing hte mass readings etc and planning the music for the mass couple of wks ago - having flute and classical guitar (they play together all the time!) and my sister and best friend singing (both amazing) and my mum just came out with "It will sound like a concert, not very suitable for a mass" - she hasn't even seen it!! O:| Only good thing bout being this far away is you can be removed from it also! (No bad thing!) Lots of little bits sorted over last few weeks... bleeding money but I guess that is to be expected :o0 At least the exchange rate isn't too bad :o)ll
i know mothers, sometimes another continent isnt enough but i agree it's great to just hang up phone and thats drama over. Know what you mean about the money we had to apply to westpac for a loan this week, hopefully know tomorrow if it's approved. if not i dont know what we'll do. I'm so watching exchange rate like a hawk it makes such a difference
W ehave been buying loads of stuff in UK on ebay and getting shipped to Ireland (GBP vs AUD is ridiculous!!) Fingers crossed on the loan!