The state the bleedin obvious brigade

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Oh I know people are just being kind, I know it's just for something to say and I know I either did it myself or else will do it in the future but for the love of bio oil could people stop telling me the obvious Random person 'when are you due?' Tired huge hormonal woman: 'first week in August' Random person 'Oh - you won't find that'/'Oh that's soon'/'Oh are you all set' Like I don't have a thing done, I'm in a mad panic over a million things to do with moving house, handing over beloved job and welcoming this little bundle into the world and the last thing I need is someone reminding me of what I already know. It's actually making me nervous. I'm probably being over sensitive but would people ever shag off and talk to me about the weather instead. 'It's a nice time to have a baby' aye it is, God forbid we had one in Novemeber, we'd have to call elephant storage to sort us out until the spring - WTF??? 'You're very neat' I am, you're a state yourself pet 'Are you looking forward to it' Yes I can't bloody wait to have stitches in an area I wouldn't recognise in a lineup AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
milis Posts: 7998
It is funny how people forget how to talk about the weather when they see signs of a bump :o0 How tempted are you to say 'no, I'm not looking forward to it!'?
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Sorry Emme, but you made me laugh with your post! It must get annoying alright all the comments. I have it all ahead of me! Aggh! O:|
It's funny Millis I am tempted to say 'God no baby wasn't planned, it's a disaster, do you know a good adoption agency' but it falls under the tempt faith rule or something! I'd just love to make people think before the speak!
neddie Posts: 580
[quote="Emme":20q63kpx]Oh I know people are just being kind, I know it's just for something to say and I know I either did it myself or else will do it in the future but for the love of bio oil could people stop telling me the obvious Random person 'when are you due?' Tired huge hormal woman: 'first week in August' Random person 'Oh - you won't find that'/'Oh that's soon'/'Oh are you all set' Like I don't have a thing done, I'm in a mad panic over a million things to do with moving house, handing over beloved job and welcoming this little bundle into the world and the last thing I need is someone reminding me of what I already know. It's actually making me nervous. I'm probably being over sensitive but would people ever shag off and talk to me about the weather instead. 'It's a nice time to have a baby' aye it is, God forbid we had one in Novemeber, we'd have to call elephant storage to sort us out until the spring - WTF??? 'You're very neat' I am, you're a state yourself pet 'Are you looking forward to it' Yes I can't bloody wait to have stitches in an area I wouldn't recognise in a lineup AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/quote:20q63kpx] Heehee. That has made me spurt tea across the table. What cracks me up though is the total variation of commentary. Like, how can two people (or ten!) make such insanely contradictory remarks. For example, "You're so neat" and "Your bump is huge" within 2 minutes of each other. I genuinely think people feel obliged to acknowledge the protruding tummy so rattle off one of the recommended one-liners they've heard in the past. I'd also be mortified to try and recall my own comments to people before I was blessed with this "lump" (as my father calls it!). And Emme, for the record, I have zero preparation done either and am due July 10th so you can relax for now!
Thanks Neddie! And I agree, God I hope I wasn't like that before the bump!
babybuttons Posts: 886
Emme i am in stitches laughing. your posts can be so funny cos they are so true. that cheered me up on this miserable morning.
mischa09 Posts: 1068
I got asked yesterday - "is there a little baby on the way?" I bloody hope so! What else would it be! :o0
babybuttons Posts: 886
lol, i would love to say "no i just had a really big dinner" but i feel i would be tempting faith. i think peoples common sense flies out the window when they are near pregnant woman.
Mama2 Posts: 1230
Has anyone else noticed how people stare at your bump too? I find it very disconcerting sometimes to have people looking at my belly as I walk down the street. I'm surely not the first pregnant person in the world?