The Tannery Dungarvan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happywife Posts: 1575
Just wondering if anyone has been to eat/stay here and reviews on it thinking of taking hubby there for a night away - thanks
twinklegirl Posts: 716
Its supposed to be beautiful .I know alot of fussy people who have said it was good.If they said it was good it must of been as they would moan about anything lol!Did you have a look at the website it looks nice.Anyhow Dungarven is a nice little place with lots of good pubs aswell :)
Senorita Posts: 3413
Hi there, I've not been there myself, but I know a few people who have been there, a few times, and they love it :lvs :lvs Did you have a look at their website - there's some reviews on it, including a couple from Tom Doorely. I'd say go for it :o)ll
dreamer Posts: 3941
Been there several times! Could not recommend it highly enough! Paul Flynn is a great chef and his wife Marie is very friendly!! Yummy food - go for it!
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
I was there once. My starter and dessert were fantastic but my main course was only ok. Everyone else raves about it so maybe it was just what I ordered on that particular night. I'd say go for it. Everyone can't be wrong about it.
dreamer Posts: 3941
I will admit - I did choose badly once and was disappointed with my main course - but I learned my lesson!!!
mammybean Posts: 10364
Ah ya its beautiful, id go for it
Mrs Magnum Posts: 974
Have been there a few times and it is lovely. Had the same problem with my Main Course twice but that was probably what I ordered. They are closed until the end of January so keep that in mind if you are thinking of bringing Hubby there.
happywife Posts: 1575
well tried to book it but as lasvegas08 said they are closed for january - hoping to go in February so fingers crossed it won't be booked up
SaJa Posts: 4282
I was just listening to Gerry Ryan and the Tannery was mentioned as a good place to eat/stay. HTH.