THE THIRST!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Anyone else like me & completely gasping & can't drink enough water?! Last night in the hour before I went to bed I drank 3 pints of water :eek And the rest of the day I must have drank about another 2.5 litres... But no sooner have I drank it & I am gasping again.... Never felt anything like it not even on last pregnancy...
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
I'm thirsty all the time too. I'm going to check with my consultant next week about gestational diabetes as it runs in my family and thirst is a big sign.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I find I get very thirsty if I'm not drinking enough - pre-pregnancy I would have drank 2-3 litres of water a day but now I find I'm only drinking about 1 litre because of the constant need to go to the toilet etc so I know I need to drink more! MrsBabybump if there's a history of GD they will most likely send you for OGTT tests at 28 weeks - I'm with the Coombe and have mine next month! This is due to my dad having type 2 diabetes - no history of GD!
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Ya I heard that it can be a sign of GD alright which kind of worried me. I had a test for this when I was pregnant with DS as my brother has diabetes but thank God it came back clear. I'm hoping its just another lovely side effect of pregnancy & will go away soon!
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
My blood sugar reader is out of batteries at the moment (I test quite regularly anyway as all the men in my family have it!), so I'll keep an eye on it myself before then when I get new batteries. My sister didn't get it though.
BobbiR Posts: 150
Tiny feet i hear you on the thirst, i'm drinkig a massive amount of water as well. I found the only thing that can cure my thirst is ice cold wate so maybe try and put a load of ice in your glass and see if thats any help.