The Tiredness....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justwed09 Posts: 2349
:zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: oh my god, ive never been this tired in my life. Only found out on tuesday and yesterday i woke up like a sledge hammer had hit me, same today. i had two great night sleeps but am now falling asleep at my desk.... is it like this for the whole 9 months???
Salander Posts: 1639
it gets slightly better after a while! in the 1st trimester i felt like i had been beaten with a sack of potatoes! rest as much as you can and sleep sleep sleep!
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Ya poor thing. It does get better, you just have to have patience! And in the meantime sleep, sleep, sleep!! :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:
Nadie Posts: 1111
It's like no tiredness ever before isn't it? I know some days I was in tears over it. Just listen to your body and sleep. It's because the baby needs all your energy to develop the little organs and that and he/she will be a lot less busy in a couple of months. I really noticed an increase in energy around week 14 or 15, when I found I could get through a whole day without a nap! It might last the whole time, if you're very unlucky, but you can be hopeful that you'll feel better in the 2nd trimester.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
I was tired for first four months grand now
SophiaTheFirst Posts: 541
Weirdly enough I'm full of energy, I can't sleep and am awake almost all night (though last night was awake because was panicking over cramps) and still not tired........ I suppose I should enjoy it while it lasts right?
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
the tiredness really wipes you. I had it so bad week 6 - 10 but it does get better and I have way more energy now :wv
blondiechick Posts: 1641
I am exhausted lately. I keep having to go for naps in the evening after work.:zzzz: DH had to come back into the bedroom twice this morning after he got up to drag me out of the bed....the joys of pregnancy, eh?!! :zzzz:
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
I'm starting to get a bit more energy now, but still need to have a nap or go to bed early sometimes. Best advice is to listen to your body, and if that means going to bed every night at 8pm, then do it!
oddwire Posts: 842
I had no major problems with my prenancy (TG) and I do believe the first trimester was the hardest. I remember feeling that this can't be right, the tiredness is just unnatural but the good news is that it does get better. I found the second trimester such a joy because your energy is back, and you're not trying to hide your pregnancy any more. Even the doctor told me to enjoy that period as it's the best part of the pregnancy and he was right! It was only in the last month or six weeks that I started feeling tired again, but at that stage it's more due to your physical size so at least people are understanding and considerate of it! Sleep when you can, it's your last chance to do so for a few years!!