The trolls...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Seriously, I just don't get these trolls or understand what their intentions are. Usually trolls will try to create trouble, insult people or just post ridiculous threads. But the ones of late are just so weird and random. check out the latest in P&B Why are they bothering?
paperclips Posts: 3146
Is it the same person/troll all the time? Dont really take any heed of them to be honest.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
Really no idea but they are bloody annoying as are the "Thank you", "Thats so helpful" ones. I dunno if there is anything that can be done. Maybe a cooling off period when you join? Not able to post for 7 days after joining or something?
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I don't know what's up with the registering and posting random stupidness. I think they just want people to give honest replies and take it on face value as a valid question. These people like to get a kick out of who they deem gullible. Or else these trolls have a serious case of verbal/text diarrhoea.
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
It is very odd - if there was a website linking to an ad or something I'd understand it, but the messages seem so pointless. I wonder is it some sort of software for poking through our profiles? Like, you know how you can only scan through someone's posts history if you're a member?
Sassypants Posts: 4461
That topic is now deleted Regina. It's very annoying!
mkb Posts: 1744
[quote="CarolinaMoon":3bvmbs2g]Really no idea but they are bloody annoying as are the "Thank you", "Thats so helpful" ones. I dunno if there is anything that can be done. Maybe a cooling off period when you join? Not able to post for 7 days after joining or something?[/quote:3bvmbs2g] thats not such a bad idea CM. i posted back replies to too many "trolls" lately and am feeling a little robbed of my time by them. >:o( normally i just ignore them and hope they go away but there has been so many the last while that i don't know who is real anymore ha ha :o0
eefc Posts: 1201
hmmmm..... what constitutes a troll though? (just want to make sure I am not falling under that category!! Sometimes my threads are very random!) :-8
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
The latest :troll: [url:3hlhhffe]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=336646#p3641318[/url:3hlhhffe] It's getting mighty boring now.
eefc Posts: 1201
[quote="Retiredbride":1n43m7h6]The latest :troll: [url:1n43m7h6]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=336646#p3641318[/url:1n43m7h6] It's getting mighty boring now.[/quote:1n43m7h6] I see....... ;o)