The truth about the coombe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Neady1981 Posts: 128
I'm due our first baby in May and going public in the Coombe. So far I'm delighted with the level of care from the nurses and doctors and the classes available. I am worried about what i've read/heard about hygiene in the hospital. Can anybody who has been a public patient please advise me? Also on a public ward how many toilets/showers are there per ward?
jezabelle Posts: 607
I went to the rotunda as a public patient and have to say never had issues about hygiene, I brought my own domestos wipes and cleaned the toilet before and after I went cos I’m a bit of a freak, Milton wipes are my best friend now!! The amount of showers per patients is irreverent cos everybody has a shower at their own discretion there not told etc.
HappyMe Posts: 727
I've been to the coombe on both and had no issues at all on hygiene. I was semi private but can't see that making any difference There are plenty of showers Everyone takes showers at different times depending g on when they get to the ward, how they are feeling etc so there are no queues etc
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
I went to the coombe and I found it was very clean - I had no issues for any of my visits - or my stay. everything was clean
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
I had 1st baby in the coombe, never any issues with them, place was clean.
Neady1981 Posts: 128
Thanks for the replies! I'm a complete nutter when it comes to cleaning. The toilets are the first things I check out if we are staying away from home. Thanks for the idea about the wipes - I'll definitely be bringing some with me!