Menu

The Twilight Paradox/Hypocrisy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
This isn't going to be popular but I just thought I'd put it out there. I'm not a fan at all but this intrigues me. The Twilight Moms are mad for Jacob/Edward (I think they both look a bit like they got a smack of a pan but anyhow...) and they're way above the twilight demographic. But it's totally acceptable for them to fancy one or other of the young fellas in Twilight. Now if there were such a thing as Twilight Dads - a group of 30-40 something men who lusted after the young girls of Twilight they'd be called creepy weirdos right of the bat. Strange, no?
Dollydo Posts: 759
Thats an age old question though that can be used in a ton of instances. Even though I am a HUGE twilight fan Ill pose another question to you.... Bella gets impregnated in Breaking Dawn but we all know vampires dont have blood, dont men need blood to get you pregnant?!
[quote="Dollydo":366yljgf]Thats an age old question though that can be used in a ton of instances. Even though I am a HUGE twilight fan Ill pose another question to you.... Bella gets impregnated in Breaking Dawn but we all know vampires dont have blood, dont men need blood to get you pregnant?![/quote:366yljgf] Well blood and a few other bits and pieces.....
elatedmum2b Posts: 74
[quote="Girl From Mars":1s47f6e8][quote="Dollydo":1s47f6e8]Thats an age old question though that can be used in a ton of instances. Even though I am a HUGE twilight fan Ill pose another question to you.... Bella gets impregnated in Breaking Dawn but we all know vampires dont have blood, dont men need blood to get you pregnant?![/quote:1s47f6e8] Well blood and a few other bits and pieces.....[/quote:1s47f6e8] That WOULD help :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Twilight rules and everythnig else sucks ar$e :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[quote:2gcnpyjf]The Twilight Paradox/Hypocrisy Post by Girl From Mars ยป 04 Nov 2011 11:42 This isn't going to be popular but I just thought I'd put it out there. I'm not a fan at all but this intrigues me. The Twilight Moms are mad for Jacob/Edward (I think they both look a bit like they got a smack of a pan but anyhow...) and they're way above the twilight demographic. But it's totally acceptable for them to fancy one or other of the young fellas in Twilight. Now if there were such a thing as Twilight Dads - a group of 30-40 something men who lusted after the young girls of Twilight they'd be called creepy weirdos right of the bat. Strange, no?[/quote:2gcnpyjf] I think it's creepy as fook. Just as I thought it was stomach churning when a national UK newspaper had a countdown to when Charlotte Church would be legal. Women can be s*xual predators as much as men. It freaks me out to see and hear grown women salivating over a guy who is barely legal, or illegal for that matter. Plus I don't get the whole vampire fascination anyway. Totally over my head.... thankfully.
Elphaba Posts: 741
I don't get it at all, they're boys not men, to me they still look underdeveloped and yes I even mean Taylor, I just think they look so young. Then again I've always been one for the old blokes celeb wise. Give me Ryan Reynolds, Nathan FIllion, Dave Grohl anyday, even the "younger" men I like look older, Chris Helmsworth, Henry Cavill etc... It's like women fancying Manky Franky Cockface, god he looks like a 12 year old who hasn't washed in a month.
Kettles Hotel
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
[quote="Elphaba":28kk7h6e] It's like women fancying Manky Franky Cockface, god he looks like a 12 year old who hasn't washed in a month.[/quote:28kk7h6e] Yuck does anyone actually fancy this disgusting creature?!
mkb Posts: 1744
[quote="AmandaMc":39yotu4z][quote="Elphaba":39yotu4z] It's like women fancying Manky Franky Cockface, god he looks like a 12 year old who hasn't washed in a month.[/quote:39yotu4z] Yuck does anyone actually fancy this disgusting creature?![/quote:39yotu4z] if i was his mother i would dip in TCP. Dirty little fecker , he looks like a walking STD :hic
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
MKB that's the best (and most accurate) description of him I've heard yet! We badly need a puke emoticon!
[quote="Elphaba":rlmeu811]I don't get it at all, they're boys not men, to me they still look underdeveloped and yes I even mean Taylor, I just think they look so young. Then again I've always been one for the old blokes celeb wise. Give me Ryan Reynolds, Nathan FIllion, Dave Grohl anyday, even the "younger" men I like look older, Chris Helmsworth, Henry Cavill etc... It's like women fancying Manky Franky Cockface, god he looks like a 12 year old who hasn't washed in a month.[/quote:rlmeu811] Loving your list Elphaba- now they are real men! But who the funk is Manky franky Cockface?? (I sound very old...)