Menu

The Ultimate Guide to Finding your Wedding Dress

Go to Fashion & Beauty

WOLSophie
Princess Wolly

Postby WOLSophie » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Your step by step guide to successful wedding dress shopping!

http://www.weddingsonline.ie/planning/g ... s-shopping

brode-mother-wedding-dress-shopping-vintage-martiana.jpg
brode-mother-wedding-dress-shopping-vintage-martiana.jpg (40.48 KiB) Viewed 14421 times
Sophie's Service Finder - The Easy Way to Find your Wedding Suppliers
http://www.weddingsonline.ie/service-finder

SchultzLaurence
New Wolly

Re: The Ultimate Guide to Finding your Wedding Dress

Postby SchultzLaurence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:58 am

Thanks for sharing.

pbb2016
New Wolly

Postby pbb2016 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:33 pm

hey girls,

so i booked an app and today was the day I would go looking for my dress , I had a style in mind and was so excited to go and try them on!! I have to say it was a horrible experience she made me feel like the fattest ugliest person to ever grace there shop!she told me the style which I liked didn't suit me at all and as a shop they wouldn't sell me that type of dress, she continued to put me in dresses that made my "weak" points stand out even more!! ! I'm an average size 10 girl and left in tears!! I'm just wondering if any one else was made feel as miserable on there shopping days ...

17JanBride
New Wolly

Postby 17JanBride » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey PBB2016,

That sounds absolutely awful and such a terrible thing for you to have to go through. If I were you I wouldn't go back to that shop ever again. Even inexperienced sales people shouldn't make you feel bad over your choices regardless of personal preference and taste. If they were so worried about you looking bad in your chosen style they should have at least let you try that on. Complete nonsense, don't bother giving them your business.

Make some more appointments and try on several styles until you find the one that is just right. I am sure you won't have the same experience again in another store.

Best of luck
Ps. if you get time, no harm in sending a 'strongly worded' email to managment/ owner at the store.

MillieMc
New Wolly

Postby MillieMc » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Hated wedding dress shopping. If they are that nasty to you- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! They don't deserve your custom or your money. Some bridal shop workers need a reality check. I ended up with the girls in FOLKSTER Kilkenny and could not recommend them highly enough. Absolute ladies.....there is one in Dublin too. They make you feel special and 'Bride-like' without being all fake- just genuinely lovely girls.

Kim345
New Wolly

Postby Kim345 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:43 am

great guide, thanks :o)ll All my friends that already have married say that choosing their dresses was such a fun, but it's not for me. I can't find comfortable and the same time beautiful dress.

Inline - Algarve WP
Bride2Bryaner
New Wolly

Postby Bride2Bryaner » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Oh hugs. Doesn't sound nice. I had one similar experience but for the most part good. It is tough though. Not like regular shopping at all. I'd love recommendations on shops ladies. One worth travelling for. I don't want to go over my budget of €2000 which is loads I think. Any ideas?

rubu7
New Wolly

Postby rubu7 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:10 pm

Bride2Bryaner wrote:Oh hugs. Doesn't sound nice. I had one similar experience but for the most part good. It is tough though. Not like regular shopping at all. I'd love recommendations on shops ladies. One worth travelling for. I don't want to go over my budget of €2000 which is loads I think. Any ideas?

I cannot recommend Bridal Corner in Dublin enough. Nice small shop so they know their stuff. Ger was a great help when i was trying on dresses. Steered me in the right direction without being pushy. It was a really nice experience.

brideabs
New Wolly

Postby brideabs » Sat May 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Hello ladies,

Im wondering what your opinions might be on this?
So I got a phonecall from my wedding dress supplier today to say that they are closing down! :ooh
The store say that they are closing on 5th June and that they will have my dress at the end of July and that they'll post it to me!!!!! Wedding is 6 months away! €1,000 deposit paid. They say the reason they're closing is that the owner is very sick, but that they are honouring the dresses already booked and ordered! I don't know what to think!! I'm back to square one with bridesmaid dresses too as the girls were to get measured this weekend, so they weren't ordered.

What would you all do in this situation?

crazycatlady15
New Wolly

Postby crazycatlady15 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Best advice I could give anyone going dress shopping - try on everything! I had an idea in mind too and the dress i've gone for is completely different but so so me. I look back now at some of the pics I took of me in dresses that I thought were the style I wanted and there really is no comparison.

I bought my dress in Butterflyz and Angelz in Jonesborough (she used to have her shop in Dundalk). Cannot recommend Bernie there enough - she was brilliant. Has to be said, I struck lucky with all three stores (B&A, The Wedding Gallery in Carrickmacross and The Bridal Loft in Cootehill), they were all super. If the store aren't making you feel like the million dollars that you deserve to feel like then just leave them to it and take your business elsewhere without a second thought.

Brideabs, try not to worry for now. Just make sure you have valid contact details for them - email, landline and mobile. Given the circumstances, will they give you the dress manufacturer's details also? My BM dresses have come from the Mori Lee range and they're lovely; Dresscode in Dublin also do lovely BM dresses.

x

Next

Go to Fashion & Beauty