The Week of the Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

princessl Posts: 154
Hi Girls, just wondering are ye taking the full week before the wedding off to organise things and chill out before the big day. I had intended to work up until the Wednesday (wedding is on Saturday) but everybody is saying to me that it'll be such a busy week and I will well need to book the full week from work. What do ye think?
starbar10 Posts: 991
7 weeks til mine! :o)ll :o)ll and I am taking off the Thurday and Friday for a Saturday wedding Any more and I would get bored or start to stress about the little things! My plan for that week is to get nails and tan done Friday morning so when my family make it up I can spend the time with them in the afternoon. The in the evening I have to go decorate the church and dinner.
moobertson Posts: 470
Our wedding is on a Thursday. I was planning on taking from Monday off. But I might work Monday and have Tuesday and Wednesday off. I just know if I am in work I will get very little work done.
MrsGG2010 Posts: 494
our wedding is the 9th Sept, i finish 2pm on the 2nd and am going into my long wkend off, i would be due to start back work on nights monday night so i decided as rehersal is on Tue dont wanna be tired from nights on the Tue that i would take hols from wehn i finsh on Thur as i off the wkend the whole wkend anyway. cant wait wohoo :wv
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
my wedding is a saturday and i plan to take the wed, thurs and fri off. H2b is only taking the fri
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Wedding is a saturday and i'm taking the thursday and friday off. I haven't that much to do that week so would rather save my leave and take some time off at christmas. I'd rather be in work than at home the start of the week, i would go crackers at home on my own!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Finishing up work on the thursday before (dont work fridays anyway!) and flying out the following mon night/tues morning!
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
We are flying out on the tuesday early evening, the wedding is the friday. I was debating working the Monday as I finish work at 2pm but might take it off.
havemovedon Posts: 2013
Twirl Posts: 5598
Our wedding is on a saturday and im finishing up on the tuesday evening and h2b is finishing up on the thursday evening :o)ll