Theory Test in 2 WEEKS!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
i sent in an application for my driving theory test last week and got a reply yesterday telling me my test is in 2 weeks! the don't hang about do they?... i've never had one driving lesson and never taken the theory test before, i just spent about an hour downloading and printing the rules of the road so i can read up during the quiet times in work, saying that i just took a practise test online and got 28 out of 35 before even looking at the book, most of it is just common sense isn't it? even still.....i'm kakking it! xx kim xx
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
most of it is common sense but then there are a few questions you would need to study the answers for (a few i wouldn't have had a notion about at all before i looked at the book) but if you get the sample questions the test is the EXACT same. You'll pass it no bother!! best of luck anyhoo!!
lalalala Posts: 224
Yeah youll pass it no bother if you read through the book and the rules of the road. I literally read it for the first time twice the day before my theory test and it was grand. Good luck
bumpedy bump Posts: 736
Get the disc, its the best job. Do a couple of the random tests on it and you'll be grand. There are always 2 daft answers to every question so eliminate those first and then concentrate on the 2 answers that are left.
Mrs.Dee Posts: 372
Don't worry you'll fly it. I crammed for an hour or so before the test and ended up getting 40/40.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
get the disc its brill i would defo recommend it, as the girls have said most is common sense, your not going to A) knock over the cyclist B) hit him as you go past you will C) carefully overtake him, dduhh
MRS H TO BE Posts: 1410
Good luck wit it kim , you'll be grand! I did mine in under 10 mins & passed with 39/40 :D I hadn't a clue either! I just studied the book a few nights beforehand! If you want I can forward the book to you as it's sitting unused here! I've had 6 driving lessons so far & will continue to get them until I feel ready to go out on the road! You get less nervous with each lesson!
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Hey Rock chick, don't worry about it you'll fly it! Not problem to you at all. You mentioned that they don't hang around for the theory test, well its whole different ball game for the driving test itself. I have been waiting for well over a year to sit mine now! Its ridiculous! :roll: Be calm in the test, you'll fly it!!!!! ;)
Maud Posts: 857
I have no idea how to drive but I got 100 percent in that test!! Some questions are weird like: 'Can you drive in the hard shoulder?' You would assume 'no' but actually you can if you are letting another car pass you. Actually I was told that in England that's totally illegal, so you'd wanna have a good read of the book. The questions in my disc and book still referred to miles and pounds unfortunately :roll: so you need to check out the revised questions on the website. The silly shites!