Therapie laser hair removal - anyone used them?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

annie77 Posts: 484
Hi Ladies, I'm thinking of investing in getting laser hair removal done. Just wondering if anyone here has used Therapie and how did you find them - did it work and how much did it cost? Thanks x
jan8 Posts: 554
never got laser done but would have loved to. unfortunately i'm fair and you need to have very dark hair for it to work! have you checked that it's suitable for you? thank god i asked someone honest about it.. i know girls who have forked out hundreds and it hasn't worked properly for them
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Yeah i use them and would happily recommend them.
joan1 Posts: 63
I used them and would not recommend them. I was v disappointed with them, service overall was pretty poor. Despite asking for same girl at each apt, it was always someone diff. My hairs are dark, it was good for parts of the area (chin, lip) but made other areas (jaw) area worse. Ended up spending a fortune, they then told me (after about 10 sessions) that the machine hadn't been up to a high enough or "hot" enough for some of my previous visits, hence I needed more visits. I was livid... to cut a long story short (plenty other complaints I had along the way) I left them, would never go back - went on to Brazilia and finished my treatment there, they were much better to deal with
annie77 Posts: 484
Thanks for the replies ladies - I've got dark hair so from doing some research I seem to be a good candidate. I've been in touch with Therapie in Limerick and I'm booked to get half leg, bikini and underarm - can't remember the exact price but about 850. Joan1, I'm hoping that it was the clinic you went to that way the problem as opposed to the treatment. MrsBMW, what areas did you get treated?
islandlil Posts: 1059
I haven't used therapie but I used a place in Dundrum and given what i paid am certainly not happy-made no difference to the face and the bikini line wasn't bad but is def seeing enough regrowth for a wax now-this is after at least 10 sessions. >:o(
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
[quote="annie77":3w4d20x3]MrsBMW, what areas did you get treated?[/quote:3w4d20x3] Full face its really bad on my chin area. I defo get longer out of it each session. Im happy with it.
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
Ladies I heard it hurts like hell...any truth in this? Would love to get it done in a couple of areas but not sure I'd be willing to go through serious pain.
streaks Posts: 3592
[quote="islandlil":17j3hah5]I haven't used therapie but I used a place in Dundrum and given what i paid am certainly not happy-made no difference to the face and the bikini line wasn't bad but is def seeing enough regrowth for a wax now-this is after at least 10 sessions. >:o([/quote:17j3hah5] Interested to read this, the beautician I go to said she went to the one in dun drum and said they have some special laser and it had a high success rate?! Is your hair dark? That would make me think twice ;o)
islandlil Posts: 1059
yeah I have dark hair-ti didn't work on face at all-slowed the regrowth alright but didn't get rid of one hair-v pissed off tbh. might try electrolosis now-don't have a massive amount . works better on some people though and bikini line did reduce a fair bit but not as much as they said and I don't think it was good value though it is cheaper now than when i got mine.