Thermobaby Breast pads...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hepburn Posts: 4081
I may have posted this before but having used them again I have to say nothing compares to these. They were recommended at our antenatal class on my first pregnancy. I bought the Johnsons ones last week and they were crap in comparison. I would describe Thermobaby as the Always Ultra of breast pads... :o0 Seriously, the other brands are like those enormous Maxi pads we all had to endure in the 80's in comparison. Unfortunately only Unicare pharmicies stock them...don't know why. Here is a unicare link to their branches and a pic of them in case you see them on your travels. [img:s8vd1x7b]http://www.littleangels.ie/catalog/images/BreastPadsNew.jpg[/img:s8vd1x7b]
007Babs Posts: 417
Thanks for that Nantes. Nice to get some tips for bits and bobs!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hey Nantes, thanks for that, how are you getting on?
[email protected] Posts: 492
Nantes i would second your recommendation. My sister gave me a box of these in a care package she gave me before the baby came. When it was finished i tried loads of others and they were awful. The only other pad that compared were the Boots extra thin own brand. They are so necessary and if you get pads that don't suit it can be a disaster.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Anyone know if there is there a Unicare pharmacy anywhere near the city centre? Can't find one near me at all.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Me neither Sphynx, there is one in the Northside shopping center though, as I think you're up that direction too? It seems strange that there aren't any in the city. :wv
007Babs Posts: 417
Hi girls, If you try [url:2p52rbi2]http://www.unicarepharmacy.ie[/url:2p52rbi2] and under Pharmacy Finder, Pharmacy Name, type in Unicare, it lists them all for all Ireland.
Cowslip Posts: 761
For anyone in Cork, I know that Sam McCauley's in Mahon point sell them and also the pharmacy in Ballincollig shopping centre...I don't think either is Unicare so they do sell them elsewhere as well..so maybe just keep an eye out....
Sphynx Posts: 6795
[quote="Tigletts":1lppuhgt]Me neither Sphynx, there is one in the Northside shopping center though, as I think you're up that direction too? It seems strange that there aren't any in the city. :wv[/quote:1lppuhgt] That's perfect - thanks Tigletts - will stock up on the way home from Tony Kealy's some time!
jen2 Posts: 3106
Thanks for that, I must try them. I cant remeber what ones I used last time, but some of them were terrible, and made my nipples very sore. Its as if they were rough. I know that I iddi not like J&J and Avent were not great either. Im going to give these once a try. Actually bought Tesco one the other day, and them seam soft, and when I have to use them last week, they seemed fine. In saying that I only had to use them for about 36 hrs. Jen2