Things I am looking forward to not being pregnant...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs.G Posts: 1828
...was reading the post about missing the bump when it comes & got thinking about things I am looking forward to once the baby has come (apart from the obvious...just silly little things!) - Smoked salmon -Lying flat on a bed rubbling my flat (I hope!) stomach -wearing my rings again - non-preggers sex (sorry! :-8 ) :-8
coconut Posts: 2183
i second that, being about to wear my rings - eat brie and crackers - OMG poached eggsssss Plus having my babs here to talk to!!
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
ok feel really stupid now but are we not supposed to eat smoked salmon??? and poached eggs??? thought it was just raw eggs we had to avoid! please help - is there any other foods I should be aware of?
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Sorry pigeonwife, but it's bad news - poached eggs are out like soft-boiled cos they're not fully cooked (same with homemade mayo). Smoked Salmon isn't cooked either (it's cured using the smoke), so that's also a no-no. In saying that, I've given in and had both at some point. Can't believe no-one has mentioned wine. My list: - brie, gorgonzola, blue cheese - prawns (without guilt) - sushi - medium-rare steak (yum) - glass of red wine
no u are not meant to eat smoked salmon. i love soft poached eggs ar u not meant to have soft eggs or soft cheese! I think there is a sticky on what food u can and can't eat!
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
sorry prawns???
i think shell fish is a no no aswell!
theoracle Posts: 7664
I have had everything mentioned above bar mouldy cheeses. It is a personal choice, in my opinion the risk is very low, but that is IMO. I do miss sleeping on the belly though as well as 'free style' DTD :o0 and my ring.
kopbabe Posts: 453
sex without bump in the way, and actually wanting it!! wine! medium steak pavalova tuna (babs doesnt like it!)
OMG - sleeping on my belly and medium i miss them aswell!!