Things I didn't know would happen...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Well I for one was expecting MS and it never developed to anything past nausea and gagging the odd time at something on the TV (how I got through the Royal family on Christmas night is beyond me) but I never even heard of the following happening, and this is only in the first 10 weeks!! - Tiredness, Oh the tiredness - There will be blood - and it isn't usually bad - Pain, in my legs, head, tummy, side, I think even my hair was sore one day - Cravings for healthy stuff - For fruit!! I was hoping to gorge on crisps and chips and instead I've gone off everything I used to love, even lovely tea! - Varicose Veins - it'll be a long Summer in 100 denier opague tights - Glossy hair (yeah I'll shut up about the glossy hair soon, I know I'm just bragging but you should see it!) Anyone have anything to add? Emme -
bumble Posts: 1980
:o0 :o0 That's so funny!! I just found out i'm pg so you've given me so much to look forward to! Already feal queasy but am just holding out hope for the glossy hair!!! :o0
Congrats Bumble!! Well I did colour it but even so it's bootiful!! It's doing what it's told and it's not frizzing. Myleene and her fancy pantene piano has nothing on it!! You also have restless leg syndrome to look forward to, but not yet. I'm the only freak that seems to have ever got it at this stage!!
bumble Posts: 1980
:o0 Are you sitting there flinging your long glossy locks around the place?! Oh i think i'd find the restless legs the worst bit. My GP told me the exhaustion usually eases at 12 weeks. Can i ask is it safe to colour hair yet as i'm only 5 weeks but i get an all over colour so usually not too long. Can see a bit of regrowth at the mo but wasn't sure if it's ok to get it done?
This was a big one for me. If you read the internet then you'd be left wondering so I'm leaving all the big decisions like my hair colour to my obstetritian and he said no problem whatsoever. I asked him at 6wks but it's not an issue. I stopped baby googling because it was turning me into a walking pile of insanity! And yes I'm flinging all over the place. All I need is a diet coke man to walk into the office and I can whip off my glasses and untumble my locks!! I'd have to run off and put it up first though!!
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Its a lie I am still exhausted haha
Mama2 Posts: 1230
Please don't tell me that the exhaustion going at 12 weeks is a lie. I'm holding out for it big time!
lmc1978 Posts: 423
Things I didnt know would happen Killer headaches up to week 20.... something to do with extra blood and hormones >:o( The feeling of having a cold/blocked nose/painful sinuses for the last 28 weeks >:o( Worrying that i am an alcoholic because i have been having the beer cravings! >:o( BUT With ya on the glossy hair! :o)ll being told im 'glowing' :o)ll hurrah!
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Agree completely: tiredness - you have NEVER experienced anything like it until you get pg. it's literally like whole body collapse itchiness - why? why? why? heartburn - I may have vaguely heard about this, but never paid much attention. Boy, do I understand about it now. restless legs - awful when you've got your feet up on the sofa, you're starting to nod off and next thing... the leg gets going. :o0 As for the glossy hair - I wish!!!!!
Oh sunsparks I solved the itchiness, it's dehydration in your skin! Cause I also noticed that the few spots I am getting are drying up really quickly so lots of water and moisturiser and YES on the beer craving!! I'm mad for it! I sniffed my DH's glass the other night (with my tongue out) :-8 and am mad for anything that once belonged to a cow. Yeah I'm glowing too (get me!!! hahaha) but DH is mad about the belly, when it was a tube of pringles in there making a bump he never used to pass any remarks!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8