Things to be on Anti-biotics for??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mum-2-be Posts: 108
Hi all, I'm going to have to use the antibiotic excuse with my friends at the weekend as I am going on a night out and taking the car. THey know what a wino I am so I have an excuse for taking car. All I can think of is Kidney infection, has anyone any other "Ailments" that I can have and still go out with??
theoracle Posts: 7664
Tonsilitis. You may have to speak in a croaky voice! :o0
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
I'd say Kidney Infection is your best bet, everything else you'd have to be really sick for, i.e. sore throat etc. Just keeping popping to the loo every now and then and you're sorted :o0
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Could you not say you had another night out the night before (with work or something) and you're absolutely dying, couldn't face drink etc?? I did this at the beginning, because there was absolutely no way I would've got away with the antibiotics or kidney infection excuse!!!
Thanks for replies girls, I've went with the kidney infection excuse and already e-mailed my buddy to say I'm still going out for her birthday but that I am taking the car as I'm in bits with the infection.. She believed me anyway and has been e-mailing loads of tips of how to get over it! :o0 :o0 I think if I used the excuse of not drinking cause I drank the night before she'd actually be in a bad mood that I was coming out wrecked for her birthday! I'm dying to tell the girls but I am waiting till I have them together in a few weeks!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
tooth/gum infection is a good one - flagyl (the antibiotic used for such infections) reacts badly with alcohol so you absolutely cannot drink while you're on it. and a tooth infection wouldn't necessitate having to go to the loo every 20mins to keep up the kidney infection story.
Aww I wish I had waited to see that excuse! Thats a good one! I've already gone and used the kidney infection one! Doh! But I'll keep that one under my belt for next time...
fantazmic Posts: 545
you could also ask about if anyone has a tampon in their bag, and moan about the woes of period pain :o0 :o0 that should knock the suspicious ones off the scent for a while :wv
newly_wed Posts: 1039
[quote="fantazmic":17yrdt5i]you could also ask about if anyone has a tampon in their bag, and moan about the woes of period pain :o0 :o0 that should knock the suspicious ones off the scent for a while :wv[/quote:17yrdt5i] Thats a great idea! I have my Xmas party in 2 weeks and its very early days yet and won't have even told all my family b then so certainly don't want colleagues getting suspicious, so will be using this one and probably the toothache one too! :o0