Things to do in Liverpool

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Apart from going to a match and doing the Anfield Tour, what else is there to do??? Would it be a 3 night or 4 night break?? Anyone been?
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
I LOVE Liverpool......well we got engaged there so it's a special place for us (besides the fact my DH is a HUGE Liverpool FC fan!). Ye should go on the Yellow Duckmarine - it's a good laugh :o0 It's something similar to the Viking Splash in Dublin. We went on the Big Wheel down at Albert Dock & you could do The Beatles Story there aswell (we didn't get a chance to do it). The Cavern Club is great......we saw The Mersey Beatles there and it was a great night :) Liverpool One is an excellent shopping centre - you could spend a whole day there! There's plenty to do so I think ye should go for a 4 nights break :wv
Thanks a mill, recommend a hotel??!
Little Chip Posts: 358
[quote="MrsK2012":pfilnrut]I LOVE Liverpool......well we got engaged there so it's a special place for us (besides the fact my DH is a HUGE Liverpool FC fan!). Ye should go on the Yellow Duckmarine - it's a good laugh :o0 It's something similar to the Viking Splash in Dublin. We went on the Big Wheel down at Albert Dock & you could do The Beatles Story there aswell (we didn't get a chance to do it). The Cavern Club is great......we saw The Mersey Beatles there and it was a great night :) Liverpool One is an excellent shopping centre - you could spend a whole day there! There's plenty to do so I think ye should go for a 4 nights break :wv[/quote:pfilnrut] +1 to all of the recommendations here. We stayed in the Premier Inn at Albert Dock and would be happy to recommend it. There are a number of hotels in and around Albert Dock, and it is a handy location for all of the above. The Beatles Story is good. There is also a hop-on hop-off bus tour. Enjoy the trip. :)
MrsK2012 Posts: 905
The Marriott in Queens Square or the Novotel on Hanover St (both very central). Premier Inn or Jurys down at the Albert Dock (it's lovely around there). The Liner is a decent spot too :wv
Grotty Dotty Posts: 751
Jury's Inn at the Albert Dock is fantastic hotel. If you do the Anfield Tour I'd recommend lunch in The Boot Room.
Pheebs Posts: 1102
I love Liverpool & second (or third) all recommendations above. We've been a few times, once stayed in the Premier Inn which was grand, cheap and cheerful and when we went for DH's 30th we stayed in Castle Street Hotel which was fab! There's a lovely italian restaurant called Piccolo I think which is worth going to. I can't google it now but look it up - we saw Mascherano there back in 2008! If you're there on a match day make dinner reservations somewhere for that night as it can be really busy. Enjoy!
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
I was in Liverpool in July and we stayed in Travelodge on the docks. Its a lovely area around there. The docks area is lovely and they have plenty of museums there you can go to for free and spend hours. The Beatles story is there also but the queue was hugh so didnt get to do it. We also did the big wheel. It was lovely. The shopping is amazing there too and only a 10 min walk from the dock. There is a lovely grass area to sit and have a coffee. Needless to say we did the Anfield tour. You would swear dh had never been before - talk about a child. There is a hugh park a few mins walk from it that would be lovely for a picnic if you got the weather.. You will have a fantastic time.
Finally booked a trip to Liverpool, surprising my hubby for Christmas pressie, I know he will love it. Big Liverpool fan, flying out 1st Jan and back the 4th Jan. Hope to pick up tickets for the Sunderland game on the 2nd over there. Flights booked. Looked up Days Inn and Atlantic Thistle, any recommendations for either of these??
vidia Posts: 2960
The girls in work were on about a LV / Sunderland game on "Grabone" today might be worth checking out.. I spent a weekend in Liverpool and had a ball, would have loved longer..