Thinking of booking Bawnleigh House for wedding....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ciz2008 Posts: 1
We just got engaged 2 weeks ago and we're looking to get married in September. We've been doing the rounds on venues and Bawnleigh House Hotel, on the Bandon road is currently a runner but I wanted to see if anyone would NOT recommend it as all the reports we've had so far are all really positive. They have the date we want but before we confirm any booking we obviously want to be sure it's the right venue. We will have about 70/80 guests, just immediate family and close friends so the idea of a private venue (no other functions on at the same time) is what we're looking for to make it more initimate and personal.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
You'll get a better response in Feedback or another related forum... Dont know the place myself so can't comment
lily79 Posts: 153
i would not recommend it, they used to be really good but the hotel is up for sale and they dont seem to give a s*it any more, i know a couple that had problems there and changed their venue as they felt that bawnleigh would let them down on the day, try Innishannon House hotel if you are looking for an intimate venue in that area.