Thinking of changing to Meteor - any thoughts?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nadie Posts: 1111
Hi all, I currently pay €30 a month for 100 texts and 100 minutes with Vodafone. I never have any problems with coverage or customer service, it's all perfect. However, Meteor are now offering 200 texts and 200 minutes a month for €20 if I sign up for an 18 month contract. It looks like a no-brainer to switch, but I'm worried that the coverage and customer service will be disaterous - to me the whole point of a phone is to be able to use it whenever I want, not to have to get to an area with coverage! I'd really appreciate anyone letting me know what their experience of Meteor is. Thanks!
discounter Posts: 441
Don't use them myself but just read this in Let off Steam.....
Thanks Linklater! that sounds infuriating, strike one against meteor!
annaleen Posts: 114
[quote="Nadie":u8tnfqfn]Thanks Linklater! that sounds infuriating, strike one against meteor![/quote:u8tnfqfn] that was my post and its all sorted out now! but regards to your question about coverage, i have had no problem, i'm practically in the sticks :o0 and i always have coverage.
Glad to hear it Annaleen, was actually getting into a bit of a rage on your behalf reading the post! Thanks for the input.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
As far as I know they have a deal with Vodafone whereby they use Vodafone's masts so anywhere you have coverage now you should have coverage if you switch. I'm with them for the last couple of years and never had any issues.
discounter Posts: 441
I posted that because I had literally just read it then came across your post :o0 And to be honest, most companies like that have such bad customer service. They're usually only efficient when they're trying to reel you in, then once you're in they couldn't give a flying f*ck about you! (Speaking from experience with NTL and Eircom)
annaleen Posts: 114
yeah i think you are right, they are all the same! its so infuriating!
NTL is the exact reason I'm afraid to change - why tempt fate??? Good news about the Vodafone masts though v excited.
Nearly27dresses Posts: 29
Hi I have been with meteor for a few years now. have not had a problem with them at all, coverage was bad in the country when I first joined as they had just set up the company. but always have coverage now where ever I go :wv