thinking of doing hairdressing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
hi ya i fancy a complete 'career' change. i always thought of doing hairdressing. i worked in a hairdressers when at school so have a bit of knowledge. i am 24, do you think i would be mad
NotHere Posts: 10273
Not at all Beans, 24 is still young, you should go for it! :o)ll I'll be your guinea pig :o0
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
Personally, I think it sounds a bit drastic. You'll have to wash hair for 2 years with 18yr olds, and the apprentice wage isn't great either, especially if your planning a wedding.
lol just dont know how to go about it
thats two years out of the rest of y life though to do something i enjoy and cold eventually start my own business from. h2b is a bricklayer so money isnt a huge issue. i dont wat to work for minimum wage in jobs i hate for the rest of my life
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
You go girl, if it is something you really want to do you should go for it. Make sure you think about it first though.
JoGo Posts: 277
Definitely go for it. Lots of money in it when you are qualifed AND you can choose your own hours, work from home, travel around. AND you're guaranteed work. I get my hair done every 5-6 weeks and the girl who does my hair says shes in a routine now that she nearly knows when to expect my text. She charges me about EUR70 for about 2 hours work. Then she heads off some where else to do more. Somtimes she does three heads in my house. AND IT'S TAX FREE :o)ll (Well under the table of course)
Topgear Posts: 1559
why not !! and fair play to u if u do. good luck1 do we get a discount ? lol
oh of course now, anyone any idea how i actually go about it. h2b said by all means, if i want to. i had to chose as a career to go do hairdressing ir what i did do. i hate with a passion what i did do
NotHere Posts: 10273
[quote="beanies girl":11ml1ecq]oh of course now, anyone any idea how i actually go about it. h2b said by all means, if i want to. i had to chose as a career to go do hairdressing ir what i did do. i hate with a passion what i did do[/quote:11ml1ecq] Not sure how to go about it....maybe call into some local hairdressers and see if they can set you in the right direction?