Thinking of joining weight watchers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Beaubelle Posts: 741
Hi, I'm thinking of joining WW only I have no clue about it, only that it is based on a points system...I'm not keen on going for weigh ins though, so is there any way you can do the WW plan at home? I take it the points you are allocated is based on BMI and how much you intend on losing. I am 11 stone now and want to get down to 9 and a half. My BMI is normal, can't remember what it is though, but I'd love to shed some weight. I am 5ft 9 so am quite tall. Does anyone fit into the same category as me? Do weightwatchers sell a book with everything you need to know? :wv
happywife Posts: 1575
there is a ww at home programme - - but I find I need the discipline of going each week to stick at it - the other women who go are really nice and the classes are actually a good laugh - whatever works best for you I guess - On the points basically you are allocated pts by what you weigh,age,height and how active you are in day to day life - its a great system as if you really want something that you know isnt very healthy once you count it in you shoud still loose weight any more questions just fire away :wv
Beaubelle Posts: 741
Just saw your ticker happywife!..Well done on losing so much weight!! That's fab! I think I will join, only money is an issue at the moment so I may have to wait for a while. I have just 9 months before my wedding...Do you think I could lose a reasonable amt of weight by then?
happywife Posts: 1575
absolutely you could I only joined 8 weeks ago and have lost that weight - the only advice I can give- as over the years I have joined before stuck at it for a couple of weeks and given up- but what is reallt helping me is weighing everything the whole guessing potion sizes doesnt work - and weighing doesnt take alot of time i bought a didgital scales with a big bowl on it and I leave it on the counter and now its habit to check what my meat/rice/spud /cereal weighs it becomes second nature and I'm seeing results - had a thing on last week and had to buy an new dress and discovered I had dropped a dress size already was so chuffed - good luck witht the decision anyway :wv