Menu

This Dress???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Happily Ever After Posts: 547
Hey ladies, I've a wedding to go to in March and had a dress that was just perfect in my wardrobe! As luck would have it I was out jogging last weekend and tripped over in a pothole and scratched my poor left shin to bits! I now doubt I will ever be able to wear a short dress again as I'm sure it's going to leave some sort of scar!!! Anyway the dress I had for the wedding is short and I don't think black tights will work with it either so I was taking a look online this morning and came across this.... What do you ladies think? thanks a million for any comments http://www.coast-stores.com/ELITA-ONE-S ... erFeedback
mrsdonal Posts: 19
Hi Happily Ever After, I love that dress its so dressy - i'm looking for an excuse to buy it myself now - go for it you'll be fab and its colour is gorgeous :heartbeat:
highbeam Posts: 2578
Beautiful dress. You should buy some vitamin E capsules from a health shop. If you pierce them and rub the oil into the scar it should help reduce any marks it might leave.
OrTees Posts: 907
That is a beautiful dress- amazing colour and a great price!! Sorry to hear about your legs- I know how you feel- my own legs have a number of scars going back years and I don't bare them too often!! Try Trilogy rosehip oil- it is supposed to be great for helping scars to heal.
Thanks ladies, I love maxi dresses but I wouldn't like to be overdressed. Although, I think the wedding is going to be quite dressy and formal it's just I'm used to wearing knee length dresses..... I can't get over the price either it's very, very reasonable for Coast! Could be time to place that order! :thnk :thnk :thnk Thanks for the tips Shampers and OrTress I'm going to head to the healthfood shop during lunch and pick some up... I will try anything. The cuts and scrapes are still healing when should I start rubbing it in? I would be a little worried about putting anything other than savalon on it at the moment! Totally OT but......
highbeam Posts: 2578
I use it once there is a scab and it is healing. Wouldnt put it on an open wound. Great price for a coast dress. You cant go wrong with that.
2012bride101 Posts: 62
Great dress, great price! You have me shopping now... tut tut...
OrTees Posts: 907
The rosehip oil should only be used after the cut has healed. I used it on a scar from a deep scratch I got on my hand- I only found out about the oil when the scar was already 3 months old but still nasty looking. Now I can hardly see the scar anymore. I did use it for several months though but the bottle will last you ages as you only use a few drops. Best of luck :wv
Ladies they say if something looks to good to be true then it usually is!!! I went to purchase the dress this morning after my last post and when I went to checkout they claimed to be be out of stock...... back to the drawing board for me but thanks anyway. At least I got tips for my shins out of! I got the capsules and oil at lunch so thanks girls :thnk
crazyinlove78 Posts: 933
[quote="Happily Ever After":6f3kcert]Ladies they say if something looks to good to be true then it usually is!!! I went to purchase the dress this morning after my last post and when I went to checkout they claimed to be be out of stock...... back to the drawing board for me but thanks anyway. At least I got tips for my shins out of! I got the capsules and oil at lunch so thanks girls :thnk[/quote:6f3kcert] Keep trying, that happened to me few times too when tried to buy dress, or do the reserve and collect option...BOL O:o)