Menu

This will either depress or delight you!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Just read in my pregnancy book last night that from 34 weeks onwards, your girth ( at widest part) in inches should be the same as duration of pregnancy in weeks. So I'm 31.5 weeks (I know it may be a little early to measure), and my bump is 45 inches!!!!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek I'm huge I know, was only size 12 before, but I always seem to have massive bump! You should try it for the laugh, and let me know is it accurate at all! :o0
Sphynx Posts: 6795
DM everyone keeps telling me how massive I am - I'm afraid to measure! If I get brave later I'll let you know!
OOooh please do , we'll see who is the biggest! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I always say my kids are destined to live in mansions, as since even before they were born , they liked their space!!! :o0
carlie Posts: 100
where exactly do u measure from and to I have a massive bump
I measured around my bump at the widest part (as if your measuring your non existant waist!), which is basically around my belly button. :-8
madmam Posts: 1294
Its not girth (around your tummy), its the length of fundus from the pubic bone to top of uterus. Its in the 'what to expect' book for 7 or 8 months, under the diagram. For instance, when I was 28 weeks, I measured 28 cms from pubic bone to top of uterus. HTH! :wv
Yes I know they measure the length of the fundus to determine the height of the uterus, but my pregnancy book says : "The girth of the abdomen will normally reach 100cm at the expected date of delivery and from the 34th week onwards the duration of pregnancy in weeks will be the same as the girth around the umbilicus (belly button) in inches" This method of course depends on what size you were to start out with. Just thought it would be a bit of fun. :wv
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I'm going to give it a go but just wondering is it not applicable for me till I'm 34 weeks?? I'm huge as well!! Was looking at women on the tele that are nine months last night and I was thinking that I'm as big as them already :eek :eek
round two Posts: 1018
Ok Ok just measured. Now I am 26 week and I am 36 inchs :eek :eek :eek :eek :ooh :ooh I thought I was small but I am like a beached whale by that going what will I be like in another 9 weeks I am not going to shrink just grow and grow and grow....... oh my goodness