Thomas Prior Hall, Bewleys Hotel Ballsbridge

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

June79 Posts: 30
If anyone is looking for a venue, I would highly recomend the Thomas Prior Hall. We had a fantastic day and couldn't have asked for a better venue. I got married there in July and all the feedback from our guests was positive. The meal was superb and the service was excellent. The conference & events manager Barbara was lovely, you could find no wrong with them. We also had Greg Murphy from Pro DJ's who played all night and there was always a croud on the dance floor he was brilliant. Best of luck to everyone getting married.
mrsbm2b Posts: 41
June79 thanks you sooo much for posting this!! I've been looking at Thomas Prior Hall but haven't been able to find any feed back so this really helps me. I've met with Barbara and they have my date available so I think you may have helped me make my decision!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
We're booked there for 2.10.10. Can't wait. Love the room. Its just so fab. June 79 I think we were actually in the Thomas Priory before your wedding and loved the set up! Barbara has been quite helpful and we have negotiated quiet a bit and got a great deal I think. Much better than anywhere else we tried.
June79 Posts: 30
I got married there on the 4th July and would have no problem recomending it to anyone. Best of luck with your weddings.
The reason there is no real feedback is becuae thy only opended in March of this year and they are only really getting into advertising it now. they have the offer of 6,500 for 100 people which will prob draw in a few dates.
I've just made an appointment with Barbara to go in and pay our deposit!! I popped in over the weekend to have one last look - every time I see that room I just fall more and more in love with it!! Starbar2010 - we're going with the e6500 package but adding a bit to it, like champers on arrival etc, can't belive what a good package it is!!! :eek
We weren't given the option of that package, we had booked it just before it was announced. I've made pretty good savings so far and will be pushing for more if we get close to the max number of people. I know what you mean about the room, the chandliers and the set up for June 79's wedding are my background image on my computer. I could just look at them all day. Its hard to believe that they used this room for storage up until a year ago! We are trying to think of what to put in the balcony are at the minute as its so large and dont want it to be wasted space.
I think I'll rob your idea for my computer, because I keep logging on to their website to look at the pics!! :o0 Barbara was saying they normally use the balcony as a chill out area for guests during the afters, I quite like that idea! Although H2B thinks it would be fab to have the top table up there, as it would be great for doing speeches!! Don't think he'll get his way on that though!! >:o) She also mentioned string quartet or harpist during dinner, which I think would be fab, just don't know if my budget will stretch!!
We're looking at having a pianist during dinner but he would be playing down in the room not up on the balcony. My H2B wants a wii and some buddah bags up there, it'd definately be different! Not sure about puttiung the top table up there, maybe you could just have the people who are doing speeches just go up there after dinner for them? That may work well.
Oooo! A piano would be fab! Love that idea too!! Oh the decisions!! Wii would be great fun too! Hmmm, I could meet H2B half way on the speeches with your idea, clever thinking!! Oh I'm so glad I have a buddy on this!! O-O