Those who found out the gender of baby....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetobe Posts: 1438
Were you surprised? I feel like if they tell me it's a boy I'll be so overwhelmed as I've been convinced all along it was a girl...obviously I've a bit to go but finding out the sex on Sunday and just wondering were any of you right in your predictions, what you 'thought' you saw on scans etc. I just can't wait for it!! We're also having a 3d/4d thing done so will actually see baba's features!!
babs10 Posts: 13
Hi wifetobe, I know a couple of people who found out what they were having. 1: My couisin is due in 2 weeks and had a little girl so they decided to find out about this one and its another girl. they didnt mind either way but are slightly more pleased its a girl coz the one they have is a little angel and they're hoping she'll teach her lil sister all the same hehehe! 2: A friend at work found out she was having a boy nd was delighted. Shes just found out shes pregnant againa nd going to find out too (she really wants a girl this time) so heres hoping! I've never heard of anyone being disappointed either way! We were convinced my mam was having a 2nd boy after my brother but she had a girl and it was more of a surprise because everyone expected a boy because her pregnancy was exactly the same! A friend of mine did say once if she didnt have a girl she'd go mad though...which i dont think is very fair! I think as long as you and baby are healthy it doesnt matter what sex it is! What do you think you are having?
Oh yeah absolutely I totally agree and should have said that, I will be equally as overjoyed either way, but do have a feeling its a girl! Thats what I mean if they told me its a boy Id be stunned, but in a good way!!!
babs10 Posts: 13
I bet if they told you a girl, even though its what you thought it'll still be a huge surprise!!! Oh its so exciting! Best of luck. I have to say i always wanted a sister and when mam had a boy i was so happy. Then when she had the next one and we were convinced it was a boy we were so delighted with a girl...but i know eitehr way we'd have been so happy coz looking at them now...they're just the best!
Ah how cute are you. Eventually I would like one of each!! DH wants a girl first so he says, but I guarantee you if on Sunday she says boy, he will be inconsolable, I just know it :lvs
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I didn't find out the gender beforehand as we didn't want to know but I was FULLY convinced it was going to be a boy! When dd was born the midwife said of she's beautiful! It took me a min to realise that she said she and for it to settle in! Was fantastic either way but I was really surprised that I had a girl!
Congratulations Bride 2b and thanks....what a beautiful name Amy is for your daughter. Well done x
doolittle Posts: 910
I was convinced I was having a girl and DH was convinced it was a boy...like he had gone out about 4 weeks before we had our 3d scan and bought the Man U babygro and bodysuit....We had the scan and he was right! Im so glad we found out its a boy cause Ive been able to buy a load of boy clothes in the sale! Just a word of advice, the scans are 95% accurate and I think there is more uncertainty if they think it is a girl as sometimes the willy can be squeezed in by the leg, if its a boy they tend to be more sure. We were so glad we found out cause it all seems so real now and we can refer to th e baby as him and not it! Have fun in our scan and to see the babys face is just magical!
lovelife26 Posts: 134
oh wife to be you are so lucky I am DYING to find out I just cant wait I am convinced I am having a boy dunno why just a feelin! Am just wondering when is the earliest they can tell the sex because all the books say from 16 weeks onwards?can anyone tell me WHEN CAN I FIND OUT! ITs killlin me!!!
justwaitin Posts: 2462
ive found out both times, and im thrilled im having a boy only thing is dp wants to name him after him and im not keen on dps name :o0 . ive picked a couple of bits in the sale today in next for a few euros. its lovely to refer to baby as he, and dps is so excited about having boys, he cant wait to do all the fun things.