Those who had different bm dresses...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jams Posts: 368
were they the same material?! My girls are all very differnt shapes,I originally wanted them all to have different dresses but Same colour & material. theyd decided on one to my surprise, they all liked the same one but with different little alterations, but one now says she doesnt like it! Thats cool, but all the ones she likes are chiffon! Whereas the other girls like a different material! Do you think that they need to be same material?! Or if they all had a different dress would it matter about the material if they were the exact same colour? Stress of it :action34
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I personally think you need to buy the same material. Even if they are the same colour if they are different material they may show up as different colours in your photos.
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
[quote="Bellisima":1zbeljbz]I personally think you need to buy the same material. Even if they are the same colour if they are different material they may show up as different colours in your photos.[/quote:1zbeljbz] +1 If you have a look at Dessy dresses you can pick different styles from the same material.
Agree with ya's girls Needed to hear it from someone else, Thank you both! Was thinkin bout the photos n stuff too! back to the drawing board!
Yep even buying the same colour from dessy for example but using different materials can be problematic - they'll tell you that themselves in the bridal shops. I think its best to go for the same material and the same colour.
Theyre dessy we've been looking at, will just need to find a similar style to what she wants in the same material, maybe tell them the material & let them find the dresses themselves , they all live close to stockists. Thought it had been too easy getting them sorted! :duh:
Just make sure they are actually all the same material and don't just seem the same. I was looking at dessy too and you'll notice if you look them up on line that there's say a number of different types of satin and a number of chiffon type materials. They may look the same at a glance but we were advised that even if they are the same dessy colour if they are different materials there's no guarantee they'll look the same when the dresses come in. You can order swatches of course but it's hard to tell from them as they're so small. Impressions is another good brand for mismatching dresses in the same colours and fabrics.
winklefairy Posts: 907
[quote="jams":10xmcvgs]Theyre dessy we've been looking at, will just need to find a similar style to what she wants in the same material, maybe tell them the material & let them find the dresses themselves , they all live close to stockists. Thought it had been too easy getting them sorted! :duh:[/quote:10xmcvgs] Have you looked on the website? You can search by material and it'll show you all the dresses available in that material.