Thread disappearing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luckyladee Posts: 2550
Girls, Did anyone else just see a thread where a non-advertising supplier was posing as a bride. Some quite animated discussion and just as I had a reply typed - it wouldnt let me post it and the thread then disappeared. I assume it was deleted by admin.....?? I realise that this site is funded by advertising and while admin obviously don't want to piss off what they now see as a lead, i would have thought that such comments from wollies would warn other potential advertisers - encouraging them to go through the correct channels and pay for their promotion on this site. Why must threads be deleted?
stickwoman Posts: 2394
I had a similar thing happen to me... had a thread about my engagement ring and there was some good advice given, then a non-paying supplier made a comment and the whole thread was gone!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I saw that too!! Cos it was me that was participating!! I also found it a bit strange that it would be deleted. I know my opinions were strong but in my defence this guy was posing as a bride and also sent me 4 unsolicited PMs where he told me to remove my post. I think I have a right to express my opinions as does Peety the other poster. I felt bullied and intimidated by the original poster in his PMs to me, I think I have a right to respond to this and highlight this and I hope not to see him permitted to make other posts. Its guys like him who make you want to avoid this site. It related to church music and I cant emphasise the amount of times Ive seen particular church singers go out of their way to assist wollies with music choice etc on this site. That asshole ruins it for genuine suppliers. I should underline here the original poster was not a registered supplier.
i agree with you 100% Mrs PR. I read the entire thread and think you were dead right. What I'm not sure about was whether the thread may have been deleted by the OP - is that possible? Or was it definitely admin? But I would like to stand by you - i don't believe that you were too harsh - you called the OP's post for what it was - SPAM Based on the fact that those bullying PMs were sent to you, I hope that you receive apologies - both from the OP of that thread and from admin (if it was them who removed the thread).
I would presume it was admin who deleted it. He told me he tried to delete my posts but couldn't so cant think how he'd be able to delete a whole thread. I do think though that admin should inform you when they make those kind of decisions. Also I didn't call him an anteater I called him an a**hole! I find it hilarious the way WOL changes some of your words!! Sorry WOL didnt mean to be using bad language!! Anyway luckyladee thanks for the support its much appreciated. I also know that it wasnt just me he was barraging with PMs.... In my opinion the best way to publicise yourself is not by harassing brides to be!! Do we not have enough to be dealing with :o0 I also think his choice of username is pathetic - god forbid people will think he's my other half :duh:
[quote="Mrs PR":etm5iwr9] Also I didn't call him an anteater I called him an a**hole! I find it hilarious the way WOL changes some of your words!! Sorry WOL didnt mean to be using bad language!! [/quote:etm5iwr9] In much the same way - I didnt use the term 'puddle off' :o0 It's at times like this that i begin to really dislike this website. All of us brides need each other - and the support we provide for each other - in my opinion more than we need the supplier listings here. Situations like this take advantage of us and that need for each other.......
[quote="luckyladee":fi826712][quote="Mrs PR":fi826712] Also I didn't call him an anteater I called him an a**hole! I find it hilarious the way WOL changes some of your words!! Sorry WOL didnt mean to be using bad language!! [/quote:fi826712] In much the same way - I didnt use the term 'puddle off' :o0 It's at times like this that i begin to really dislike this website. All of us brides need each other - and the support we provide for each other - in my opinion more than we need the supplier listings here. Situations like this take advantage of us and that need for each other.......[/quote:fi826712] Could not agree with you more Luckyladee, but sorry never noticed the puddle off!! I think I just read it as p**s off.. god what does that say about me! Ill have to go to finishing school :yelrotflmaosmilie: It really does bother me when people try to abuse this site to sell themselves. There are loads of suppliers on here who will contribute to discussions in a way that makes you feel they genuinely want to help out and aren't solely interested in promoting themselves. This guy was a p**s taker. Yah for the brides supporting one another, couldn't have said it better!! Thanks all you ladies for the support and special mention to Irish Wedding DJ too!! :wv