throat - what can i take?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
my glands are swollen, it feels like my throat is closing over. its really sore. csn i use soothers or anything?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Yes just don't OD on them
breeze Posts: 1175
I was in bits with a head cold and sore throat the other week and i took throat sweets and gargled warm salted water, works a treat the dr told me to do it, or hot Ribena drinks or hot jam drinks. HTH pet, fell better soon :xxx
i rang and made a docs appointment, i may need a anti biotic ad there a white bits. its making me sick to, you know the way if something goes too far back in your mouth and you gag? thats how it feels. have to go get bp checked and that anyway.
moondance Posts: 158
manuca honey is the best for a sore throat. its totally natural so there's no worries in taking it. you'd get it in a good chemist or health shop. id well recommend it - i swear by it.
bellabella Posts: 2750
Like moondance said honey.i usually heat a bit of milk and add honey and do this several times a day. I'm not into anti-biotics pregnant or not. MInd yourself and have a nice hot spicy dish. xxxxxxxxxxx
clarkie Posts: 429
Hi Beanies girl B2B and a pharmacist to boot! Strepsils are no problem (just not the PLus or Intensive) and paracetamol, but if you reckon you need an antibiotic, go see doc. Many are quite safe in pregnancy so no worries!
throat is almost completely closed over, id say its an infection. been puking mad all morning so prob n9ot helping. cant get out to shops as purse is in the car and i havent one thing mentioned - even the lockets in the house. ill be sorted this evening though