Thrush

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummyme Posts: 281
Hi everyone, I have the dreaded thrush now, and it uncomfortable at times!! I was just wondering if anyone who has had thrush in late pregnancy (i am 37 weeks) have found something good to clear it up??? I have used the pessary about 3 weeks ago it did clear it up for a bit but back now!!
PrincessLea Posts: 436
I had it really bad as well toward the end of the pregnancy, only thing for it is the pessarys, it'd keep it at bay for about 5 - 6 days and then it'd be time for a new one... Hang in there, thrush is one of the few things that'll actually go away ones the baby comes... :wv
Hi, Thanks for your reply, i think ill have to head off to the chemist now so, i really am fed up with it!! I can not wait to get rid of it, can you use too many pessarys though??
As long as you're using them one at the time I don't think you can use too many :o0 Maybe read the box or ask the chemist to be sure.
papillon Posts: 1305
My consultant recommmended Relactagel. It says it's for bacterial vaginosis but it helped me with thrush too. You can get it in any chemist, totally safe in pregnancy
corkgirl08 Posts: 175
I'm a long time sufferer and a tip I got that really helps is buying the pack of 6 lower strength pessaries as opposed to the one strong one. Apparently they do more to stabilise the ph cos you are using them for longer and tbh I now find them much better than the one off one. That and the cotton underwear and the cream and the cranberry juice.
Hi girls Thank you for your suggestions, i will try the low strength ones and see how i get on, i just don't want to go into labour with it as you feel yucky with it and i can not get a bikini wax until i have this cleared up! :-8
Don't want to scare you or anything but it's important to have it cleared up before you go into labour as it can be passed on to the baby and then back to yourself while breastfeeding, causing thrush of the nipples... Well, so I've heard anyway, but it doesn't sound entirely impossible, so, better safe than sorry :wv
Hey PrincessLea, I have been reading that, scary mary, but only thing is i can not breastfeed for medical reasons :o( so i won't have that prob but i would hate to give the baby thrush of the mouth, its horrible i had it before!! I got the pack of 6 pessarys last night and used the first now it was still bad after my shower this morning but ill keep at it, better to get rid of it!! Oh the joys !!!
Hey girls, Just been to the doc's for a check up and he said i have bacteria in my urine, (i have to drop another sample in first thing in the morning to go to the lab to be checked) but when i came out of the doc's i thought i wonder could this be the thrush showing up?? Has anyone any experience with this???