Thrush

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Hi Guys, Does anyone know what I can do about thrush when you're pg? Can you take the usual pesseries, creams etc? Tks!
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
No shorty the docs dont recommend those when pregnant so just the Natural Yogurt is the route to go unless your doc specifies something different - apparently they dont know what effects the pessaries etc can have on a foetus so best not to take any chances. HTH MrsNoc
Thats good to know, thank you! :thnk
EVIE78 Posts: 687
my doc said it was ok to use them but I would check it with your own.
Ferdi Posts: 704
Hi Shorty, as with Evie78 my doc said it was ok to use them. Better safe than sorry and ask doc.
DublinGal Posts: 151
Shorty you can use the pessarys. If you don't treat it you could end up having it for the whole pregnancy which isn't good. I had it for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy and was using canestan the whole time, creams, pessarys you name it. Get your doctor to take a swab anyway just to be sure it is thrush/
littledolly Posts: 393
shorty My doctor told me I was OK to use the creams, but to check with her each time, just so she could do a urine test to make sure everything else was OK before I used it. Speak to your doctor to be on the safe side, as this could come up a few times in the next few months!
Thanks for the info guys. I have a doc appointment on mon, so I will use natural yoghurt till then, then I will ask her. I am going to hopefully hear the heartbeat! :o)ll