Thrush when pg?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Hi, two questions...is it normal to have thrush in early pregnancy and can I use cream on it? I have Canesten I think? Thanks, Emme
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
Yeah I really suffered with this when I was pregnant with DS. Tormented me! I mentioned it to my doc, and she said it can be quite common because of hormone changes. Anyway, I would def use the cream but you'll still need to use the pessary too.....but if you don't feel comfortable using the pessary, next time you go to doc ask if you can get a prescription for the pill you can take instead. I'm not sure if it can be used while pregnant, but I know you need a script for it.......no harm in asking anyway.
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Hi Emme, I had thrush in early pregnancy, my doctor said I could only use the Canestan cream so I used that and it cleared up fairly quickly.
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Epsom salts baths, with a dash of cider vinegar :o0 and Udo's Choice Super 8's probiotics (they will be in the fridge in the health food shop). Don't bother with anything that has less than 10billion acidopholus in it. You can use the canesten cream as well if you want, but I find that combination brilliant for keeping any of the nasties down there away.
benny313 Posts: 821
i suffered with it this time around also. Had to go to the Doc, you can use the cream and the pessaries, but dont use the applicator just use finger to insert them. You can not take the one tablet when pregnant as it has not been tested so they will not take the chance. Hope it clears up it is very uncomfortable :wv