Menu

tiara was really hurting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsD2B08 Posts: 910
hey was having a trying on of the dress the other day and my tiara was really bloody sore.. mam said that its just the way we had it on my head that it would be pinned into the hair and not actually really resting on my head.. anyone else found this.. do i need to break in my tiara as well as the shoes!!!!!
munks Posts: 435
Oh your poor head :lvs If your tiara is hurting even a teensy bit, I'd change it, or go with something else. I know that the hairdresser will be able to pin it but is it worth the risk? There's nothing worse than being in pain on the day, it's really not worth it. Can you take it to hairdresser for a trial first?
laceylegs Posts: 307
If it hurts, don't wear it. Maybe try one that doesn't hurt.
my mother brought it when we got the dress.. it finishes off the look.. there is no way i could change or not wear it.. she'd be gutted.. i'll just have to wear it around the house.. we had it on like a hair band which of course is won't actually be on like that.. i hope :-8
willful Posts: 6822
[quote="finallyx":1tfqdc30]my mother brought it when we got the dress.. it finishes off the look.. there is no way i could change or not wear it.. she'd be gutted.. i'll just have to wear it around the house.. we[b:1tfqdc30] had it on like a hair band[/b:1tfqdc30] which of course is won't actually be on like that.. i hope :-8[/quote:1tfqdc30] That way will hurt! It just sits on your head and your hairstyle will hold it in place, even if you're wearing a loose style the ends of the tiara band can be just secured with some hair grips. If you want to set your mind at rest I'd suggest discussing this with your hairdresser. My hair was half up and my tiara just sat into my hair and didn't budge-no matter how much embarrassing dancing I did!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
You should ask your hair dresser. I bought a tiara before Christmas in Pulse accessories. Every time I tried it on it REALLY hurt, but I thought it was just the way I was wearing it. Any ways I had my hair trial last week and no matter what way she put it on my head it still hurt. She reckons that its a childs one (I did ask when I bought it and they assured me it was an adults one) and advised me to buy another one. How about if you tried to get one thats quite similar to the one your mother bought and not say any thing. I bet she wouldnt notice the difference. If its really that bad I would advise trying this, cause I know how uncomfortable mine is and there is no way I could have it on my head all day. Hope this helps :wv
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Defo discuss it with your hairdresser first but if you have to get another one, so be it, I am sure your mum wouldn't want to you to be in pain all day either?
Faireez Posts: 973
I was looking for something simple and found Hair vines on www.kingstondesign.ie. Apparently they wrap around or are pinned to the hair. Plan on getting one soon. Not as dear as I thought they'd be either. And no I am not affiliated with them in any shape or form :wv
thanks i do think that it will prob be fine but just wanted reassurance and of course if it just kills me then it will have to go!! it was expensive and matches the dress perfectly same colouring etc but as you said there is no way i'd want to be in pain for the day... so fingers crossed at trial it'll sit in without me even knowing its there....