Tickers, due date and confusion!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
I am in my 6th week (counting from first date of LMP), however, whenever I go to create a ticker and put in my due date, I am always a week or more behind than I should be, I am totally confused with all this date stuff :eek
Toots12 Posts: 894
Agree totally Mrs GK!!! I found that all the different tickers were telling me different things, with as much as 2 weeks in the difference between some!! Have a good seach around for the ticker that most matches what you're looking for - put in your due date that your doc gave you, rather than the last menstrual period date.... Good luck!
jarashow Posts: 3083
GK I used Lilypie.com and you can enter either the due date which makes it easier.
workingmom Posts: 3429
Thanks Jarashow, that helped, much better, at least the ticker is more onto the real dates now, I found the ticker was useful when I was counting down to the wedding, so I think it will be useful for the baby too..
jellybaby Posts: 2316
It's how it's worded - you are 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant, but that means that you are into your 6th week, as you have already completed 5 full weeks. Once you reach 5 weeks even, that is the end of the 5th week. When you are 5 weeks 1 day, that is the start of the 6th week. I know it's confusing, especially if you're looking at week by week information on different sites!
Toots12 Posts: 894
aha Jellybaby, that absolutely makes sense - thanks for that!!