Tightening of the bump?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mari yay Posts: 4045
I was out for a walk (ok stroll) with my husband just now, and all of a sudden my bump felt very very tight. It wasn't sore, it wasn't full after my dinner, or a stitch, or a pain in my tummy, it was just like my skin was too tight for the bump. Now I'm not really worried, just curious as to what it might have been. My immediate reaction was Braxton Hicks but I feel it's way too early for that. Could anyone shed any light for me? Like I said I'm not worried, but I've been feeling a bit anxious/stressed lately for no real reason, so if it's something to do with that, then I need to do something to combat the anxiety. Thanks
HMB Posts: 459
I've noticed this lately on part of my tummy. It's hard to describe - just on small section of my bump on the left side - wondered about BH myself?
gopro Posts: 1801
Ive had that type of tightening of bump since bout 20 weeks. I think they are BH's from what Ive read it is common to have them. seeminlgy the uterus is always contrading just in pregnancy its noticable. they arent as frequent or defined in the passed 3 weeks-think baby may have moved position
Hmm thanks girls. HMB mine was right across my whole belly just under my boobs, but also to a lesser extent at the bottom of the bump as well. Yonex I was told placenta was at the front, so maybe things have moved and that's why I feel it? God this pregnancy lark is such a learning curve, I can totally see how some people get so freaked out and stressed whilst pregnant!
gopro Posts: 1801
[quote="Mari yay":1is2pxy7]Hmm thanks girls. HMB mine was right across my whole belly just under my boobs, but also to a lesser extent at the bottom of the bump as well. Yonex I was told placenta was at the front, so maybe things have moved and that's why I feel it? God this pregnancy lark is such a learning curve, I can totally see how some people get so freaked out and stressed whilst pregnant![/quote:1is2pxy7] My placenta is also to the front. Wonder if thats why we feel it more. My placenta was still anterior last week. I am not getting big kicks. Im getting more twitch movements because of the placenta
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Sounds like Braxton Hicks - I've been getting them since early 20's!
Yeah all along I have been feeling movement as opposed to kicks, what I mean is I feel like baby is moving around, but haven't felt any definitive kicks. But today I started to feel what I really think are kicks, so maybe things have definitely moved around in there or maybe it's just because baby is bigger so is shoving stuff out of her way!!
[quote="ohsotired":olwa1r6g]Sounds like Braxton Hicks - I've been getting them since early 20's![/quote:olwa1r6g] Wow I really didn't think they'd be this early! Thanks
Tulip32 Posts: 124
Yup sounds like Braxton Hicks alright! I've been having them from even before 20 weeks.