tiles or laminate for turn key semi detached

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsmcc2502 Posts: 497
Hi Wollies, we need to decide on our flooring this week for our new house and am in two minds about tiles or laminate. Pros for tiles: nice, clean look and continues down the hall into the kitchen, seamless link, also handy to clean and scratch-resistant. Cons: COLD...... no underfloor heating, might make hall look a bit bland (pale cream shiny tiles) Pros for laminate: love the look of a wooden floor, easy to clean, potentially as scratch-resistant as tiles, nice contrast to walls and matches living room floor Cons: laminate instead of wood - will it look/sound cheap? Love the sound of wood, you can always tell when you're on laminate! H2B is pretty indecisive, I'm leaning towards the laminate but afraid to make the wrong decision!
CoolInterestingUserName Posts: 326
I'd like tiles in the hall because I think it makes is flow nicely into the kitchen when they are the same. Friends of ours have moved in to a new house and did this and I thought it looks great. I know what you mean about it possibly looking bland but that's down to wall colour and decorations Some laminate wood can look and feel really real but it's a good bit more expensive than the cheaper look and feel ones. Happy decorating :)