Timing contractions?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Star Dance Posts: 55
My second baby is due any day now. I was induced on my first so I'm hoping to go myself this time round (fingers crossed) So being induced I didn't experience the whole contractions at home, timing etc. I live verey near the hospital. Just wondering at what stage should one go to the hospital, how many minutes apart with contractions? Ah knowing my luck I'll be induced but here's hoping it wont come to that.
Crostini Posts: 1105
midwife said when they get to 10 mins apart...
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I live quite close to hospital as well, and the midwife said to come in when they are between 5 and 10 minutes apart. I'll probably ring them when they get to 10 minutes and see if they want me in. Bear in mind, even if you're 10 minutes from hospital, it will mean you will have at least one contraction in the car so might not be the most comfortable place to have one, so depending on how bad you are finding them, perhaps set off when they are a bit further apart than that?
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
At 10 mins apart, do you know at what stage you would be dilated? I suppose it's best to hold off as long as possible before going to hospital. I don't have a clue - I didn't bother with the ante-natal classes! Maybe I should have now!!!
Pinkly Posts: 1414
I used contractionmaster.com, it's brill.