Menu

Tip when buying maternity trousers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

05bride Posts: 314
I bought 2 pairs of maternity trousers at the weekend. One were a pair of jeans. I'm normally a size 8 but bought maternity size 10. Didn't even fit on the 8 as I figured there would be no point. Anyway, now that I'm actually wearing them, they are falling off my hips. Luckily I had not worn the trousers so could return them but I had taken the tags off the jeans so could not return them and I have to wear them with a belt now to keep them up. So, be sure to buy your normal size when your buying maternity trousers as in my experience they won't fit. :wv
neeov Posts: 4256
I can't get any maternity trousers to stay up. Its a pain... Might try a size smaller than normal.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Keep the jeans as they'll fit you in a few months. I was normally a size 8 in maternity at the start but now a size 12 is really comfy My legs got too fat for the smaller sizes :o0
January87 Posts: 280
Bought a pair of maternity jeans in M&S a size bigger than I normally would wear didn't bother to try them on... Got home, put them on and they didn't fit... tooooo big.... they still are and I'm due in 3 days!
dreamer Posts: 3941
Yeah - I bought a pair of size 8 maternity jeans in Topshop about 5 weeks ago and didn't wear them until last weekend. The reason I hadn't worn them was I was figuring that I would probably need a size 10 and maybe I should go back and change them but after an hour on me on Saturday they were falling off!! Unless you have noticeably put on weight elsewhere (legs bum etc) I would definitely buy in your regular size!!