Tired Already???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BACKFORGOOD Posts: 70
Only 5 weeks preg & I feel totally exhausted to the point where I am nearly falling asleet in the afternoons and I am feeling weak/dizzy in the evenings. Could this be possible? Cant rem feeling as tired so early on on my first pregnancy. Have been quite tired over the past 2 month but this is an abnormal tiredness. Anyone else?
happymumof2 Posts: 288
I hear ya! And congratulations on your BFP. From about 5 weeks I have been exhausted I was going to bed the minute I was in from work and nearly sleeping my weekends away. They say that it does get better but to be honest I feel the same now at 16 weeks but the weather could have alot to do with it too it has been so heavy. I have started taking pregnacare so hoping that will kick in soon but not sure if you can take that so early. :wv
loopey Posts: 215
I actually discovered I was pregnant because I went to the doctor looking for a tonic because I had been so tired for weeks! She done a test and discovered I was 9 weeks pregnant. I'm now 15 weeks and still exhausted and the weather being as heavy as it is, is not helping! >:o(
mrs donegalbride1 Posts: 73
it will get a little better girls around the 3 month mark you will get some energy back but only to loose it again around 7 months depending on how big baby is. take a bit of advice please rest up when and where you can you will feel it if you dont
Gingham Posts: 3014
i am still exhausted.....think the weather is very heavy aswell which doesnt help. I am taking galfer every day but still feel exhausted. think it just comes with being pregnant .....i keep asking everyone when willl i get this burst of energy..its a myth
LMR Posts: 1925
Never too early to be wrecked form it - the first 9 weeks or so were the worst for me. I pepped up no end after week 12 but still have dips in energy every now and again that last for a couple of weeks and then I perk back up again. SOme people are tired all the time. Everyone is different. Just make sure you listen to your body.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I was knackered from a day or two after conception until 13 weeks. It's only in the last week or so that I can get through the average day without a 2 hour nap! Don't fight it, just sleep whenever you can and it will pass. It's completely normal, the baby is using all your energy to make his little organs and that.
Emme Posts: 4735
It does feel abnormal though doesn't it! It's chronic and def not too early. Just a tip though, try not to spend too much time on the sofa, either go to bed and set the alarm or get up and try to go for a little walk or something. Languishing on the sofa made me worse but it did get to the stage where I wasn't even able to cook for myself so might be an idea to make up some healthy dinners and freeze them during your energy spurts - if you're lucky enough to get any!!
Elegance Posts: 2848
i'm 5 weeks today also and the very same! around 3ish every day i feel wrecked..... like i havn't slept for a month!!! as emme said i'm trying to make myself go for a little walk each evening to keep myself energised. also feeling quite faint once or twice in the past 2 days - think its the heat. i'm not a fainter normally - dont think i've ever fainted before, but felt like i was going to keel over yesterday! but i'm loving all these symptoms - its making it all so real for me :o0
Emme Posts: 4735
[quote="Elegance":36i1qyzv]also feeling quite faint once or twice in the past 2 days - think its the heat. [/quote:36i1qyzv] Oh I can sympatise with that!! I went to a bus stop beside a church yesterday in case I got weak and needed somewhere safe to pass out!