tiredness in early pregnancy...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Merrylegs Posts: 209
Hi ladies, any idea how to get through the tiredness in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy? I remember it being tough, but I'm fiding it so so hard to get up everyday, work is a nightmare, by 12 o'clock I could fall asleep standing up! Is there anything I can take besides pregnancy tablets? :zzzz:
BabyMamma2012 Posts: 127
[quote="Merrylegs":3fruo7gm]Hi ladies, any idea how to get through the tiredness in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy? I remember it being tough, but I'm fiding it so so hard to get up everyday, work is a nightmare, by 12 o'clock I could fall asleep standing up! Is there anything I can take besides pregnancy tablets? :zzzz:[/quote:3fruo7gm] If you find anything please let me know! I feel the exact same as u! Completely exhausted!
temperence Posts: 136
Although my sickness seemed to get better after 12 weeks the tiredness hasn't. Before being pregnant I needed about 8 hours a night, usually only got 7 and had some nice lie-ons at the weekend. Last night I slept from 12am to 10:30am then fell asleep on the couch for 1'5 hrs in the afternoon and I'm heading to bed now. It's not as if I did anything today either. I think I'm just going to be tired the whole way through, and at least now I can sleep, weeknights I'm in bed by 10 these days!
temperence Posts: 136
Ack DP
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I did a bit of reading about it and thought it was because I was low in iron (don't know how true it actually was tho!) so I started increasing the amount of red meat I was eating, I had steak 2 days a week and found I was a lot better
Tulip32 Posts: 124
I was having acupuncture in my first trimester and found my energy levels were really good. Finding I'm slowing down a bit now in 2nd trimester so gonna give the acupuncture a go again and see if it helps.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I just slept when I could - I wasn't able to take pregnancy vitamins because I had bad sickness until 21 weeks - I found the tiredness for the most part starting to ease around 15/16 weeks myself but it probably lasted longer because of being sick!
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Never had it on DS but have it this time around and headaches and don't talk to me about breast tenderness. Never had any of those symptoms first time. Luckily I am a SAHM but just go to bed a bit earlier and try to rest, even if I don't sleep when DS is asleep in the day.
gopro Posts: 1801
oh the tiredness. . no word can explain it. I use to nap wen I came home did very little at the weekend - that was the strangest thing sittin watching tv on sat n sun we wud normally b out n about if we were goin on a night out- r friends didn't know at that stage I wud nap at 9pm on a sat night n stil tired at 1am!!! I had my iron checked a few times n other bloods all were fine. I was lucky to ave no morning sickness so can't giv out too much bout the tiredness
Merrylegs Posts: 209
Oh its nice to know I'm not alone...Maybe because i have DD aswell this time round, used to nap when I got home from work on her, but cant now. Some mornings I wake like I havent slept - they have to suspect in work, my eyes are hanging out of my head by lunchtime. Oh the joys, luckly no MS so can be thankful for that. Wish we could be like the female Polar Bears and just hibernate for the 9 months! They so have thr right idea :o0 :zzzz: