Tiredness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
The tiredness is just unreal. I actually feel and look like a zombie. I even got up this morning and had a shower (have my showers at night time) to try wake me up. No go, I'm still sitting in front of my pc here in a trance. I swear if left in the bed I would sleep forever. Can't even get a lie on tomorrow as have a hair appointment in the morning O:| Is the tiredness as bad for everyone else. Suppose i'm not getting morning sickness so maybe the tiredness is making up for that.
Ducky Posts: 2506
Absolutely normal, I did nothing but work and sleep for about six weeks. It's a good sign, your body is working so hard to grow a baby! It will pass, but don't fight it, just trance the day away and then sleep all you can. Cat nap if it suits you. I found I woke up like a bag of cats so didn't bother, but some find it helps
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm the same. Pretty wrecked all the time but after dinner is the worst. I'm fit for nothing except vegetating on the sofa for a few hours then off to bed. No wonder my weight is ballooning! :-8 You can console yourself that you're exhausted because the little one is going through big growth spurts that are wearing you out. Roll on the weekend for two massive lie-ins!
grumpy Posts: 1280
Yeah, I would sleep from 9-8, work, get home, nap for a half hour and go to bed again! I could hardly do a thing, so just gave up trying. At weekends, I'd do some housework, then sleep for about 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon. It does get better, even though at the time it just seems to carry on forever. I was dead proud of myself when I got through my first Saturday without napping :o0. For now though, just listen to your body and sleep and rest as much as you need. Housework and everything else can wait, but the baby can't.
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
I wonder is it natures way of giving you plenty of rest before the unknown.... :ooh Am seriously developing huge black rings under my eyes though especially under one eye. Its not very nice. Completely from tiredness though.