TMI Q-

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mumslove Posts: 528
Can anyone recommend anything to get rid of constipation. Sorry for TMI question?
Emme Posts: 4735
water water water!! Doesn't matter how much fibre you eat, it's no use without water!
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
agree with Emme but i find a bowl of bran flakes a day (or mixed with another cereal you like) really helps me.
short n sweet Posts: 1802
You could try Fybogel - completely safe to take in pregnancy - you need to get unconstipated as soon as possible or run the risk of getting piles - not nice believe me I know from experience when I was pregnant. Fybogel doesn't taste that bad and should help you get things moving again :o0
coconut Posts: 2183
i had this really bad at the start of my pregnancy and the only thing that helped me was eat a few prunes each day and it got everything working again!!! i had to go to the doctor at 11 1/2wks as i was in so much pain from it!!! I drink loads of water anyway but that didn't help but the prunes did the job!
fifi28 Posts: 481
again plenty of water, fruit like kiwis and mandarins, prune juice(if you can stomach it). also have never tried it but doc did recommend sprinkling some linseed on food think ya can get it in health shops. hth :wv
Emme Posts: 4735
is it flaxseed? Or linseed?
Diamondz Posts: 2208
It is Linseeds for constipation - I've suffered IBS for years and have to say these are really great and no real taste from them.... You can get them in any health food shop and some supermarkets - I know both Holland and Barrett and some Tesco stores stock them. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoonfuls on your cereal or porridge in the morning or put them straight into a pot of yoghurt (my preferred option). Remember to drink fluids too though as this will also help the linseeds work... HTH :wv
bear80 Posts: 85
I'd advise Linseed too, (as far as I know flaxseed and linseed are the same thing). I sprinkle it on cereal every morning and really notice if I don't! Can buy linseed/flaxseed in cereal aisle of most supermarkets as well as health food stores:-)
jill80 Posts: 565
Rhubarb - but not more than one/two sticks daily as you may get the opposite problem :o0 And the water is definitely needed!