TMI question about bowels in early Pg

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Gals i hope ye dont mind me posting this , am hoping to god its a bug or something i have :-8 :-8 Story is i'm 6wk 3days PG, last few days i've been full of wind :-8 and getting tummy pains and having to dash to loo, ie with the runs :-8 Today its been coming and going all day, is it a bug do ye think or part of early PG? Thanks for reading, its not the nicest subject :o0
McMummy Posts: 1041
You poor thing sorry to hear you're so unwell. This is common but I would get it checked out. If you’re unfortunate to have a bug it might be harmful to the baby so best to see your GP to be sure. Also you might get dehydrated so no harm talking to your doctor just to keep that in check. Hope your feeling better soon
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
hi everhopeful, first of all congrats. I didnt suffer with that in early pregnancy but i am suffering with it now, not pleasant is it? it could be a bug but a couple of times when it happened me i rang vhi nurseline and they saud my system is just alot more sensitive to things given pregnancy and to be careful what i eat. It kept happening so i asked my gp and he has advised against my eating pork products, soft cheeses of any kind ( even pasteurised ones) and making sure what ever meat i eat is the leanest cut. I have had to stop going out for dinner as anything remotely rich was affecting and i can tell you i am the kind of person who would normally be able to eat anything! So it could be just that its pregnancy and you are more sensitive to these things but i would check it out nonetheless. My doc recommended andrews liver salts and gaviscon before bed. HTH
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I suffered quite badly from the runs in the early stages of pregnancy too - it's awful. I was wondering when the constipation would start (it hasn't so far!) I still get the runs every now & again. It's an awful feeling & my stomach feels awful too.
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
:thnk girls for the replys, was just thinking am on progestorone twice daily so i know this causes the wind problems so maybe its relaxing my bowel a bit too much, will give it another day or 2 and ring gp if i'm still the same :thnk
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
My bowels have been alot... Ahem... looser the last few weeks as well :-8 I was out for a meal with work last week & it nearly killed me. Had fierce trapped wind pains in my tummy to. Going down on all fours with my bum in the air soon helped that though! Dh was pis*ing himself laughing! :o0